Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's definitely a click when pushing the clutch in on my car. Been there as long as I've had the car.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Can an AlphaN tune optimized for a CSL airbox be used safely with the stock intake setup? Sold my Karb airbox and I can’t seem to find the pre-tune partial read.
      Last edited by SQ13; 07-24-2023, 08:07 PM.
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I bought a new sunroof seal (54138218001) for aesthetic reasons and noticed it has a felt like look/feel to the outside of it, something I don't notice on the original seal on my car.
        Is this normal for the sunroof seal to have this almost fabric feel and texture when new?

Also the sunroof seal came with 6 small torx screws yet I see no holes in the new seal, what are those guys for?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230727_231746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	226931
        Last edited by Cubieman; 07-28-2023, 04:45 AM.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          I bought a new sunroof seal (54138218001) for aesthetic reasons and noticed it has a felt like look/feel to the outside of it, something I don't notice on the original seal on my car.
          Is this normal for the sunroof seal to have this almost fabric feel and texture when new?

Also the sunroof seal came with 6 small torx screws yet I see no holes in the new seal, what are those guys for?
          I believe the fuzziness is normal. My car has some fuzzy remaining, it appears to degrade/wear off over time. Glad to know this is a part that can be purchased.

Oh the torx screws are likely to secure the glass to the mechanism--you'll have to pull the glass to replace that seal. I've pulled the glass 2 or three times--the hard part is getting it level in my experience. If you determine a straightforward method please share.
          Last edited by PSUEng; 07-28-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

paint the stock calipers black or silver???????

Comment

Anyone know the part number for this hose? Having a hard time finding it in RealOEM

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 4.03.39 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	227371

Edit: I think I found it. It's an assembly. I needed the quick disconnect. My Rogue Engineering strut tower brace is hitting up against this after installing new engine mounts last Fall. The engine is sitting up as high as it ever will...need to replace this quick disconnect.

Parts Diagram Link:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 4.16.21 PM.png
Views:	266
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	227377
              Last edited by AWE46M3; 07-31-2023, 03:35 PM.
              '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

it's under "fuel"

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Got another parts inquiry question. What is the part number for the rubber grommet that goes in this opening?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7298.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	227582

Comment

Can anything be done for rear subframe reinforcement if the foam injection was done many, many years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                      Got another parts inquiry question. What is the part number for the rubber grommet that goes in this opening?
                      Believe that is 11611435984

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Believe that is 11611435984
                        Thank you, sir! That's the one

Comment

There are two different sets of c-clip/body nuts on the front support plate (3 each), that connect the under carriage diaper and other trim. One set is for short 10mm head screws and their other for 8mm screws. Anybody have the part numbers for each of these nuts? Mines are all stripped out and I can't find the PN. The initial parts I bought from FCP are incorrect. TIA!

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Got my very first "service engine soon" light today after 5 years, it was a P0174 (bank 2 too lean). The code popped up on the interstate comming back from a track day.

I had a cheap OBD Bluetooth scanner/App and cleared the code while driving and it never came back driving over an hour home on the interstate and through town.

I have a CSL tune/MAP sensor, when the CSL airbox was put on 3 years back all new boots were used with OEM clamps, OEM CSL hoses were used, I even put new air rail orings in, new pre-cat O2 sensors were installed in the same time frame along with having my injectors sent out to RC for cleaning.

With the CSL tune in mind what else should I be checking for besides an air leak? I have a WB O2 sensor in bank 2, so I'll have to hook up testo and check that out sooner than later.
                            Last edited by Cubieman; 08-06-2023, 12:30 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                              Got my very first "service engine soon" light today after 5 years, it was a P0174 (bank 2 too lean). The code popped up on the interstate comming back from a track day.

I had a cheap OBD Bluetooth scanner/App and cleared the code while driving and it never came back driving over an hour home on the interstate and through town.

I have a CSL tune/MAP sensor, when the CSL airbox was put on 3 years back all new boots were used with OEM clamps, OEM CSL hoses were used, I even put new air rail orings in, new pre-cat O2 sensors were installed in the same time frame along with having my injectors sent out to RC for cleaning.

With the CSL tune in mind what else should I be checking for besides an air leak? I have a WB O2 sensor in bank 2, so I'll have to hook up testo and check that out sooner than later.
                              How old are the post-cat O2 sensors? I would INPA the see if you have any errors with O2 sensors and if you are getting proper readings for pre and post cat.

I literally just had one die in me and gave me a SES light. My cost was for fuel adaptation and it was a pre-cat O2 sensor that died.
                              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

How old are the post-cat O2 sensors? I would INPA the see if you have any errors with O2 sensors and if you are getting proper readings for pre and post cat.

I literally just had one die in me and gave me a SES light. My cost was for fuel adaptation and it was a pre-cat O2 sensor that died.
                                Post cats have 72k on them but aren't aren't being read from.
                                I'll have to get it up in the air and check the O2 wires, but I seem to remember doing a pretty decent job making sure the O2 wiring was routed and fastened as to melt on the headers etc.
                                I suppose it's not out of the question a newer O2 sensor could be bad.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X