No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you have a higher mileage car, its sometimes good to remove the rear carpets and check the factory drains. They are plugged from the factory, but they still rust. Good Idea to weld them shut as a präventive measure.

I was too late on the passenger side, so this has to be cut out...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
      When you have a higher mileage car, its sometimes good to remove the rear carpets and check the factory drains. They are plugged from the factory, but they still rust. Good Idea to weld them shut as a präventive measure.

I was too late on the passenger side, so this has to be cut out...

Thing is, even if you remove carpet, you might not see any rust cause it’s under the tar sound deadening panels. I removed the sound deadening on a lot of E46 M3s and you are right, it’s not rare to see rust, even on lower mileage car! Moisture gets between sheet metal and soundening.
      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Full mechanical inspection done at European Auto Source.

18mm front spacers and 12mm rear spacers installed. Will hold me over until I eventually get coilovers and dial in the ride height.

Last edited by Avedis; 04-01-2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Finally installed my 996 bbk. Really happy with it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Thing is, even if you remove carpet, you might not see any rust cause it's under the tar sound deadening panels. I removed the sound deadening on a lot of E46 M3s and you are right, it's not rare to see rust, even on lower mileage car! Moisture gets between sheet metal and soundening.
            Good point, I should have mentioned that. On one side I will have to remove the seat mounts to properly remove the rust...

Cleaning the adhesive from the tar mats is also a pain, there should seriously be a factory option to Order the car without them, just spend the last day on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
              Good point, I should have mentioned that. On one side I will have to remove the seat mounts to properly remove the rust...

Cleaning the adhesive from the tar mats is also a pain, there should seriously be a factory option to Order the car without them, just spend the last day on this...

Actually, there was an option to order the car without tar soundening. You need to choose option M3 CSL!!!

I removed the tar with a heat gun and clean the residue with brake cleaner, usually takes me about 5-6 hours to do the complete cabin!

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpoolreds8 View Post

Finally installed my 996 bbk. Really happy with it so far

where were you able to snag a set?? Looking for a set myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsimz View Post

I got my set off ebay when a good condition well priced set came up. Prices on them have been creeping up for the last couple years quite a lot though.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsimz View Post

I pieced it from multiple source, found calipers on Craigslist and EBay, rotors from FCP Euro, pads from Rock Auto, Rallh Road brackets and lines

Takes time and patience tbh but well worth it

Comment

Just pick up OEM ZCP’s
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpoolreds8 View Post

Thos Enkeis are one of the best wheels for this platform hands down. Looking so good with a set of Brembos behind them!
                        2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post
                          Those Enkeis are one of the best wheels for this platform hands down. Looking so good with a set of Brembos behind them!
                          Indeed! I was just looking at that.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

Thos Enkeis are one of the best wheels for this platform hands down. Looking so good with a set of Brembos behind them!
                            Obviously biased but I agree. I wanted some for all my previous M3s and so glad I finally did

Thanks!

Comment

I unplugged my USA Spec iPod integration that I've been using forever and plugged in a BlueBus bluetooth module. The USA Spec worked perfect for a long time but I think I needed another 30pin to lightning adapter because the connection was spotty nowadays. But in with the new.

Comment

Got the SSV1 headers and AutoSolutions shifter installed. Still need to get the driveshaft back in and put the rest of the exhaust in.

The headers were a little bit tougher to install than the Megan racing set I had before, it’s actually really amazing how well those ones were designed (or copied) so that you could get to every nut from the top with a socket (and not even a wobble extension). The SuperSprint definitely required the use of wrenches and getting under the car.

The shifter was a whole other thing. Getting the front of the carrier arm was tough, getting the bitch clip in was worse, and getting the pin that connects the selector rod joint to the selector rod was a pain too.

Glad it’s all in, and really happy with the quality of all the parts, can’t wait to drive it in a few days!

Comment

Working...
                                X