No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this year's registration tag and went to put it on the car, realised I'd never actually put last year's one on! (It was still on my desk) Shows how little I drive it 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Almost done pulling unneeded cables. Still looks like a mess though 😄

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Spent three hours replacing the VCG seals/grommets and cleaning the valve cover and hardware bc the guy who did my valve adjustment years ago overtorqued everything, which caused leaks.

Attached Files
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
          Got this year's registration tag and went to put it on the car, realised I'd never actually put last year's one on! (It was still on my desk) Shows how little I drive it 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          This post should be flagged for negative content

Comment

Picked up a few things. Hope to tackle this soon.
            - Ohlins R&T coilovers
            - CMP subframe bushings
            - CMP rtab's
            - CMP reinforcement stage 1 and 1.5
            - New differential cover w hardware
            - Powder coated subframe assembly and new hardware
            - TMS street plates
            - New axle boots + hardware
            - Waiting on Ground Control front/rear sways + camber arms w bushings and a DMG 3 piece strut bar

2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230318_142852.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	210153
              Finally got the Karb in! Just need Friday to get here for the dyno tune so I can hear the music this thing is going to make
              I'm a sucker for gold foil. Reminds me of Daytona Prototypes, PTG M3s, Corvette Racing, etc. from the 00s. I wonder with where you put this if there is any material difference in the intake temps.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I'm a sucker for gold foil. Reminds me of Daytona Prototypes, PTG M3s, Corvette Racing, etc. from the 00s. I wonder with where you put this if there is any material difference in the intake temps.
                No idea, probably not but why not try my best? If I can do something that may help, I'm going to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Where did you end up placing your IAT sensor?
                  Had to move it slightly lower on the stock lower intake duct that feeds air from the brake duct.

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                  2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                  My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

With the warmer weather here, I was able to work with the garage door open. So the old and cracked RACP is out, yeah!!!

And yesterday, I bought an older friend for the M3’s!
                    Attached Files
                    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

HTE Performance AlphaN dyno tune after doing a bunch of maintenance and installing CSL Race airbox. The car made 331 WHP/248 TQ. Interestingly, the airbox sounds better and louder on this car compared to my blue car with standard Karb airbox, Karb snorkel, and ITG foam filter. I bought an OE filter for the blue car as well, so I’m gonna see how much filter choice affects sound.

Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I read someone say that the OE filter sounded louder than the ITG filter on a karb box, but in my experience, my karb with OE filter isn't any louder than my evolve box with ITG filter, though the sound is a bit cleaner, metered - more like a true CSL car, but that I put down to the difference betweent he boxes, not the filter.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Found a lot more images of the first day after I bought my car to add to my journal LOL
                          Build Journal - E46 M3 CSL Conversion

Comment

Bought a stable mate

Click image for larger version

Name:	52782693146_5aaa405d9a_b.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	212073
                            2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                            Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                            Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              With the warmer weather here, I was able to work with the garage door open. So the old and cracked RACP is out, yeah!!!

And yesterday, I bought an older friend for the M3’s!
                              DIY this job? You have skills sir.
                              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

DIY this job? You have skills sir.
                                Thanks but it looks worst than it really is. Anybody with welding skills can do this honestly.

I bought a spare non-M rear subframe to make a jig out of it to make sure new RACP is perfectly align.

There is 7 episodes on Youtube from Redish on how to do this panel replacement.

This 2002 BMW E46 M3 Convertible has come into Redish Motorsport for our E46 M3 Subframe floor crack repair & reinforcement process - http://www.redish-motor...
                                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                                X