What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTB View Post
    Rear end rebuild coming together. Getting excited ...

What’s up with the 2 brake caliers?

Comment

All calipers off to get rebuilt. Dunno what color to go still, torn between yellow and a nice graphite/silver anodized look.
      Attached Files
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Gave it a wash and took it for a brief drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

What’s up with the 2 brake caliers?
          Hydraulic ebrake

Comment

Hydraulic ebrake

What else are you doing to the rear end?
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Hydraulic ebrake
              ]
              Is that for drifting?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

What else are you doing to the rear end?
                I got a used 70k mile rear axle assembly (subframe, diff, RTA etc) and did some refreshing on it at home. POR15 on the subframe/RTAs, new diff cover w bushings, aluminum subframe bushings, rebuilt calipers, new v brace etc. My chassis has almost 210k on it and the subframe was getting pretty nasty as it was a Midwestern car most of its life. I needed new brakes and I reckon the diff was getting tired too so I sprung for a complete refresh.

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Is that for drifting?
                Yessir— drifting, hillclimb, maybe a little hairpin action at autox. Just general skiddy shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                  All calipers off to get rebuilt. Dunno what color to go still, torn between yellow and a nice graphite/silver anodized look.
                  Both color options look great on SG, yellow will pop more if that's what your going for.
                  Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

I broke the knob on the gauge cluster
                    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
                      I broke the knob on the gauge cluster
                      welcome to the club, I haven't been able to adjust the clock in years now
                      Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Popped out my new Ohlins struts to install the 3DM spacer kit that I foolishly didn’t use initially. I maxed out my adjuster yesterday and only got to 13.25ish inches center cap to fender ... scraped my driveway entrance and not enough bump travel.

Car is driveable now after a pretty major transformation in my driveway over the past month, the culmination of a year and a half worth of parts that I haven’t had time to install:

Ohlins R&T kit with Turner street camber plates + Rogue RSMs

996 brake conversion

Powered slider + heated cobra Nogaro install

minor stuff: Armrest delete, electric fan conversion, wheel stud conversion, threw away bunch of sound deadening

Just need an alignment, quick half assed corner balance, and to get the ps4s I have waiting to replace my bald PSS mounted and I’ll be set for the year. CF roof is the last thing on my todo list for this car and it will be “done”

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                          Popped out my new Ohlins struts to install the 3DM spacer kit that I foolishly didn’t use initially. I maxed out my adjuster yesterday and only got to 13.25ish inches center cap to fender ... scraped my driveway entrance and not enough bump travel.

Car is driveable now after a pretty major transformation in my driveway over the past month, the culmination of a year and a half worth of parts that I haven’t had time to install:

Ohlins R&T kit with Turner street camber plates + Rogue RSMs

996 brake conversion

Powered slider + heated cobra Nogaro install

minor stuff: Armrest delete, electric fan conversion, wheel stud conversion, threw away bunch of sound deadening

Just need an alignment, quick half assed corner balance, and to get the ps4s I have waiting to replace my bald PSS mounted and I’ll be set for the year. CF roof is the last thing on my todo list for this car and it will be “done”
                          Take some pics of the Cobras installed if you don't mind, I really like these seats I recently put in a 996.

Do you simply retain the factory power sliders and then it just a matter of BK brackets for the Cobra's or is there more to it?

Also, I inquired about HMS installing seat heats and they said they no longer offer this. They told me to either swap my seats heats from my factory seats or buy a generic heat seat of some form and make the correct connection for it.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

Both color options look great on SG, yellow will pop more if that's what your going for.
                            Went with a hot yellow and black lettering for the racingbrake logo. Bitch to clean but I always clean so...
                            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Take some pics of the Cobras installed if you don't mind, I really like these seats I recently put in a 996.

Do you simply retain the factory power sliders and then it just a matter of BK brackets for the Cobra's or is there more to it?

Also, I inquired about HMS installing seat heats and they said they no longer offer this. They told me to either swap my seats heats from my factory seats or buy a generic heat seat of some form and make the correct connection for it.
                              That’s too bad about the seat heaters, that was key for me .. when I was looking into it I didn’t see any way to use an aftermarket one with the center console three setting button. You need some kind of thermistor temperature sensor as a third signal from one of the heaters so the controller knows how to switch them. Probably could salvage yours if you don’t care about keeping factory seats intact.

I did opt to use my original sliders and the bk brackets that bolt up to them, and made the wiring harness out of used ones.

This is the only pic I have at the moment ,..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D4CF86D-C334-4F52-8246-523BB37004CA.jpeg
Views:	681
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	102378
                              Attached Files

Comment

Just picked up these vented carbon fenders. They have a gel coating on the outside for easy painting.
                                Now I have to cut the top vents open...

Also picked up a carbonius roof.

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X