Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	162021
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
      Got a nice IG shout out from my local shop πŸ‘

]

clean little phone mount! mind giving the details on it?

Comment

Yep! Rennline phone mount, specific to our cars πŸŽ‰ It attaches behind the dash trim for a super clean install.

2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
        ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

My Heels lost, so a little something from AP arrived to cheer me up. Welcome to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Fresh1179; 04-05-2022, 02:36 PM.
          2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
          [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Fresh1179 what kit did you go with, and what size are those rotors? APs are the dream.
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220404_202643.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	162088Finally got everything on the car. Now I have to set the ride height before Friday's alignment
              ​​​​​

Comment

Over the weekend, I installed a Recaro Speed and Schroth Rallye 4 Quick-Fits. It took a bit of massaging (modifying) to the slider tracks but I got it all to fit.

I did run into a snag with the Torx bolt for the seatbelt bar. Seems like the bolt was really soft. Managed to get it off with a hammer and a pair of Visegrips.

Attached Files
                Last edited by zzyzx85; 04-07-2022, 10:34 PM.
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Got her a flat bed back to the house since my fuel pump decided to give out on the freeway.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Installed 4.10 diff, karbonius csl race intake, status gruppe headers, SAP delete, etc
                    Fit two different exhaust options: oem+AP section 3 for sound limits at lime rock park. Full BW race exhaust for the glen.
                    Dyno day next week and should be at the track on Saturday.

Expecting it to feel quite a bit different this season...and some easy lap time from the power.

Comment

How do you like the 4:10? I’m on the fence about it but not sure I would feel about all the extra shifting.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20220406_185417.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	162241Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220406_183223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	162240prealignment corner balance

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                          How do you like the 4:10? I’m on the fence about it but not sure I would feel about all the extra shifting.
                          It's a race car, I can report back after tracking it next weekend. I wouldn't put it on my street car but that's just me. It's pretty much guaranteed lap time. At LRP there's no extra shifting, at the Glen you'll have to hit 5th on the front straight and 4th between t8 and t9.

I have data traces comparing my laps to my buddies, we have basically identical M3's. I can out brake him into T1 at watkins glen and gain about a half second coming out of the corner. He wipes that half second out completely by the top of the back straight because of his 4.10 and a tune. His top speed is 5+ mph more than mine. No brainer for lap time.

Comment

I would love to compare the 4.10 to a 3.91 or 3.62, I think a 3.91 or 3.85 might be the sweet spot. I am shifting quite a bit in residential areas and many times you are either way too high in the revs or too low, that does get old.
                            You are basically going to be out of first gear within 2-3 car lengths from a stop if you don't want to shift out at 4.5-5k.

It is all I have known as the PO had the diff. swapped, but after driving my 335i around town it is a night and day difference. I want to say the final drive on the 335i is 3.46 so quite a difference from the good ole' 4.10's.

Also, if you do much driving on the the interstate get ready for 3,600-3,700 RPM if you lock you cruise at ~ 78mph (actual mph, not indicated).

All that said I'll bet my car would feel gutless to me if I swtiched it to stock gearing but I'm sure I would get used to it and prefer that gearing for around town, where it is driven mostly.
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                              I would love to compare the 4.10 to a 3.91 or 3.62, I think a 3.91 or 3.85 might be the sweet spot. I am shifting quite a bit in residential areas and many times you are either way too high in the revs or too low, that does get old.
                              You are basically going to be out of first gear within 2-3 car lengths from a stop if you don't want to shift out at 4.5-5k.

It is all I have known as the PO had the diff. swapped, but after driving my 335i around town it is a night and day difference. I want to say the final drive on the 335i is 3.46 so quite a difference from the good ole' 4.10's.

Also, if you do much driving on the the interstate get ready for 3,600-3,700 RPM if you lock you cruise at ~ 78mph (actual mph, not indicated).

All that said I'll bet my car would feel gutless to me if I swtiched it to stock gearing but I'm sure I would get used to it and prefer that gearing for around town, where it is driven mostly.
                              I love my 3.85 gears. I don’t feel like I have to shift too much, but I could definitely feel the difference going back to a stock m3 when I bought my current car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Name:	IMG_20220406_185417.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	162241Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220406_183223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	162240prealignment corner balance
                                What wheels are those? Car looks amazing man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X