No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally tracked down an OEM bumper to replace my 13yr old CSL rep(good riddance) after freeway debris ate up the CF lip during an O2 cycle ready-up drive.

Still need a respray and new reflector covers, but at least I can drive the car again w/o worrying about looking like a Take-Over kid.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2987.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	268768

Comment

I might get flamed for this… but here we go.

The new-to-me Imola Red M3 Coupe I picked up a few weeks ago is also an SMG like my Jet Black M3 Hardtop Convertible. I don't mind the SMG, and the IR was a steal of a deal with low mileage (75K).

The interior trim is brushed aluminum and I don't like that the SMG shift plate is Titan Gray… so, I found an excellent condition OE 6MT shift boot with the foam insert and mocked up on the inside. It's MUCH cleaner, of course. I ran the SMG selector button through the ash tray and will devise a way to modify the tray so it looks “OE”, but wanted to share.

I'm not trying to pretend I have a 6MT, I really just don't like that the SMG shift plate is a different color than the interior trims of any car that isn't Titan Gray throughout (like my Jet Black M3, which I'll leave alone).

Thoughts? (I'll buy another SMG shift knob soon, too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a wannabe! j/k pretty cool. I always like to see how similar (same tranny ofc) 6MT and SMG really are.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post
          I might get flamed for this… but here we go.
          I'm onboard with it! My car had silver dash trim and likewise it was infuriating that the SMG trim didn't match. I swapped out to titan shadow in my case so all is well, but I like this solution for those with other trim colours. Keen to see how you mount up the SMG selector button.
          2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
          Build Thread:
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

I'm onboard with it! My car had silver dash trim and likewise it was infuriating that the SMG trim didn't match. I swapped out to titan shadow in my case so all is well, but I like this solution for those with other trim colours. Keen to see how you mount up the SMG selector button.
            I'll probably end up fabricating something that can be 3D printed and then share!

Comment

I had to move fast and put these wheels on and offload the 18s, so here they are!

Comment

Just got my GM5 back from Scott with some disappointing news regarding my previous repair done in San Francisco found from a Craigslist ad. Guy seemed legit. Anyway now she's perfect.

Also Mat and Foam have arrived from Second Skin for the interior swap.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by WestBankM4; 06-21-2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                  Just got my GM5 back from Scott with some disappointing news regarding my previous repair done in San Francisco found from a Craigslist ad. Guy seemed legit. Anyway now she's perfect.

Also Mat and Foam have arrived from Second Skin for the interior swap.

My driver’s door will not unlock but locks with the remote… I replaced the cylinder mechanism and all is physically good now, but only the passenger side unlocks with the keyfob. Might be a GM5 moment for me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                    Last coat of clear has been done. I might take a few photos after I'm all done and start a new journal as the old one was lost with M3F
                    My E63 M6's factory CF roof is quite yellowed, I hope to get it fixed this summer or next as it really let's the car down.
                    My painter suggested clearcoar as opposed to gelcoat.
                    I was thinking of trying to remove some of the gel coat myself to save some money. I had seen some photos of people using a heat gun a carefully peeling it back, looks like it comes off in big "sheets" almost.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Karb...............secured

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

My driver's door will not unlock but locks with the remote… I replaced the cylinder mechanism and all is physically good now, but only the passenger side unlocks with the keyfob. Might be a GM5 moment for me, too.
                        Sounds like it man, send it to ScottGM5. Do it right the first time, $140 and call it a day. I spent like $180 I think off of Craigslist, brought it to his shop and saw his car too. Ended up using counterfeit and used relays from a 1996 7 series. Just go to Scott.

Comment

Completed the cluster upgrade. Car has had a OEM 6-speed swap, everything works the way it should and now the cluster will reflect that by getting rid of the SMG window.

Comment

Restored the M stripes and black background on my SMG shifter dome by hand. Very happy with the end result for a homemade job. While possible to do, this is not a commercially viable opportunity hahaha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9302.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	269069
                            2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                            Build Thread:
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Installed SS dual resonated section 2.

We did a before and after decibel reading. The SS is 4 db quieter than the stock section 2.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
                              2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
                              Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                                Installed SS dual resonated section 2.

We did a before and after decibel reading. The SS is 4 db quieter than the stock section 2.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
                                My car definitely got quieter and more refined when I went SSv1 + oversize section 1 + 2. It is a great piece.

Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X