No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New seats with custom seat mounts and momentary switch. Details in my build thread HERE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8457.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	275499

Name:	IMG_8459.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	275496

Name:	IMG_8464.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	275498

Name:	IMG_8467.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	275497

Comment

Originally posted by ramzM3 View Post

Ugh, I kind of suspected that when I removed the original fan clutch and it didn't spin freely or easily, just like when I assembled the new one. Ok, I'll continue to search for the real problem. Thanks!
      Did you install the fan in the correct orientation to the fan clutch? I made that mistake and a forum member caught it for me thankfully before I installed it. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Avedis View Post
        New seats with custom seat mounts and momentary switch. Details in my build thread HERE
        These came out 10/10. Real leather with the M touches almost makes me wish I went with these over my PP.

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post

These came out 10/10. Real leather with the M touches almost makes me wish I went with these over my PP.
          PP is a way better seat and much lighter.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Complete the Catch Can in the cleanest way.

Name:	IMG_2215.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	275528
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

What’s your oil of choice? I run Liquid Moly 10W/60 in the black M3 so will likely do the same with this one. I’m of course going to send an oil sample to Blackstone to see what unknown damage might be lingering and also… what type of oil has been used in the last 15-20K miles.

David
              I use M1 15w50.
              Last edited by maupineda; 08-14-2024, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Picked up my car yesterday after having it in for suspension setup. First time I've had it on individual wheel scales since I threw out most unnecessary stuff.
                I was really surprised when I saw the total weight at 1166kg (2565 lbs). Finally a positive surprise. Still got the air blower in, glass windows, and steel doors. So there should be some more potential 😅

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
                2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
                Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Altaran 2565!?

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
                    Altaran 2565!?
                    Yes, took a while getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                      Picked up my car yesterday after having it in for suspension setup. First time I've had it on individual wheel scales since I threw out most unnecessary stuff.
                      I was really surprised when I saw the total weight at 1166kg (2565 lbs). Finally a positive surprise. Still got the air blower in, glass windows, and steel doors. So there should be some more potential 😅

Holy shit, that is really light!! We need more details of the weight reduction please. Pics of the interior and engine bay please!

I will build my TiAg M3 this winter and want to get it as light as possible for 2025 track season.
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 TiAg 6mt Track car project
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Holy shit, that is really light!! We need more details of the weight reduction please. Pics of the interior and engine bay please!

I will build my TiAg M3 this winter and want to get it as light as possible for 2025 track season.
                        That's going to take me a bit to write all of this down. I'll make a thread on it soon. You're making me work 😅

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                          That's going to take me a bit to write all of this down. I'll make a thread on it soon. You're making me work 😅

I am curious to know the details. I’ve built several E46 M3 Track cars/race cars in the past but they all had roll bar or roll cage. Here is the last one I built in 2020, chassis completely stripped, stitch weld, … There was still room for improvement tho

2002 BMW E46 M3 TiAg 6mt Track car project
                          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Did you install the fan in the correct orientation to the fan clutch? I made that mistake and a forum member caught it for me thankfully before I installed it. Just a thought!
                            Thank you! Yes I did. I made a mental note of that after reading about it here, watched several DIYs, and took a few photos as I pulled it out of there. So, I'm 100% positive it's on the right way.
                            /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Originally posted by ramzM3 View Post

Thank you! Yes I did. I made a mental note of that after reading about it here, watched several DIYs, and took a few photos as I pulled it out of there. So, I'm 100% positive it's on the right way.
                              I was having similar issue with the temps. I live in Phoenix and it's often over 110, monitoring the temp on iBus I saw it hit 225 and had to turn off the AC, which cooled the car off. It just seemed to not want to stay down to a normal level. I finally figured out that I never heard the clutch kicking on or any fan noise even with the elevated temps. I had recently changed the thermostat and clutch, so that stuff was good. The real issue is that the car had never seen so much heat as it never had lived in Phoenix until I got it. Probably it would have been ok in 90 or even 100 degree weather.

I broke down and just ordered a new radiator and water pump. I was done messing with it. For all the hand ringing about the cooling system in these cars, all the parts with the exception of the lower hose, which had just been replaced before I got the car, were original on my car from 2002 and with 124k.

I immediately found the issue when I removed the radiator. I probably could have cleaned it had put it back, but there's no way I was going to reinstall a 22 year old radiator.

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	275624

Comment

Originally posted by Chris442 View Post

I was having similar issue with the temps. I live in Phoenix and it's often over 110, monitoring the temp on iBus I saw it hit 225 and had to turn off the AC, which cooled the car off. It just seemed to not want to stay down to a normal level. I finally figured out that I never heard the clutch kicking on or any fan noise even with the elevated temps. I had recently changed the thermostat and clutch, so that stuff was good. The real issue is that the car had never seen so much heat as it never had lived in Phoenix until I got it. Probably it would have been ok in 90 or even 100 degree weather.

I broke down and just ordered a new radiator and water pump. I was done messing with it. For all the hand ringing about the cooling system in these cars, all the parts with the exception of the lower hose, which had just been replaced before I got the car, were original on my car from 2002 and with 124k.

I immediately found the issue when I removed the radiator. I probably could have cleaned it had put it back, but there's no way I was going to reinstall a 22 year old radiator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0488.jpg Views:	41 Size:	261.6 KB ID:	275624
                                Wow, yeah, that might cause a little overheating...I can see some of my younger 19 year old radiator, though it does look like the fins have dirt on them, it's nothing like that, lol. I would of probably changed it out with a newer radiator too, knowing that was most likely the source of the problem. Glad to see you identified yours. I may end up going down that road too, but I'm trying to eliminate the smaller stuff before dropping a bunch of $$ to replace the radiator, water pump, hoses, and coolant. The coolant expansion tank and lower radiator hose are newer, replace within the last 2-3 years, and the thermostat and lower temp sensor were replace a month ago.
                                /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Working...
                                X