• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced my front diff bushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Petener View Post
      Replaced my front diff bushing..
      Is there a good press tool for this or does a generic bushing removal and installation tool work?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Is there a good press tool for this or does a generic bushing removal and installation tool work?
        Schwaben RTAB tool. I pushed the old bushing out with the new bushing via the RTAB tool.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-tool.1227436/
        Last edited by oceansize; 12-17-2020, 03:48 PM.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Schwaben RTAB tool. I pushed the old bushing out with the new bushing via the RTAB tool.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-tool.1227436/
          Thanks! Did you have to cut the sleeve of the bushing?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Thanks! Did you have to cut the sleeve of the bushing?
            I did not.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Not today but the last thing I did, I think.

MSI wheel studs.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
              Build///Journal
              IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Little cleaning and touch up on some pieces while they're out for rod bearing work.

Replacing control arms, tie rods, end links, engine mounts and power steering parts at the same time. Stock parts at 98k are nasty and every bushing compressed probably over 1/2 inch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Radium Engineering Fuel Filter

Went with Radium Engineering this time. I've had their catch can on my car for years and love the quality of their products. This is a high flow all fuel compatible filter.

Build///Journal

Comment

Originally posted by KhanArt View Post
                    Radium Engineering Fuel Filter

Went with Radium Engineering this time. I've had their catch can on my car for years and love the quality of their products. This is a high flow all fuel compatible filter.

The previous owner of my car had the radium catch can installed but it leaks all the time. Have you experienced the same thing too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

The previous owner of my car had the radium catch can installed but it leaks all the time. Have you experienced the same thing too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Where does it leak from? I do not have the drain option from the bottom because I check it often enough and its easy just to screw the can off.

I have no leaking issues. My fittings are tight and I don't let it get that full.

Build///Journal

Comment

Changed the engine oil and filter, as well as changed cabin air filter. Tightened a loose screw for the undertray. Replaced the plastic frame that holds the alarm sensor from the headliner (the plastic clips were broken).

Comment

Pulled Vanos, beisan pump disc and intake side seals now installed, found no broken/worn driver tabs.
                          This is my first time working on anything inside of an engine, a bit nervous although the beisan instructions are very comprehensive.
                          The anti-rattle procedure is really freaking me out as re-timing the engine and getting it wrong would be a total disaster.
                          Taking my time on this job.

​​​​​​​
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

My M3 lightened my wallet via a pair of Koni sport struts as we try to find a suspension we like.
                            B6/OEM = fail. No body control, period
                            B12 = fail. Not enough rebound, inconsistent damper behavior.
                            koni/Eibach Pro kit =pending.

Comment

Replaced the stupid $125 glove box latch actuator on my vert. The electric motor itself had gone kaput, trying to see if I can find anything that will swap in just so I can have a spare.

Also replaced the lower dash trim above the driver's footwell that had been cracked for years. Figured as rapidly as interior bits for these cars are going obsolete I'd better grab one while I still could.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                                Pulled Vanos, beisan pump disc and intake side seals now installed, found no broken/worn driver tabs.
                                This is my first time working on anything inside of an engine, a bit nervous although the beisan instructions are very comprehensive.
                                The anti-rattle procedure is really freaking me out as re-timing the engine and getting it wrong would be a total disaster.
                                Taking my time on this job.

​​​​​​​
                                How did you make out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X