Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick and easy way to street tune your CSL conversion for drivability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bry5on and heinzboehmer (hope you don't mind me tagging you both!) you've driven each other's cars post this tuning process yeah? Keen to know what differences there are in "drivability" between flap and no-flap setups that are properly tuned? Any thoughts/comments on that?
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
      Bry5on and heinzboehmer (hope you don't mind me tagging you both!) you've driven each other's cars post this tuning process yeah? Keen to know what differences there are in "drivability" between flap and no-flap setups that are properly tuned? Any thoughts/comments on that?
      I bet Bryson will tell you his flap makes a difference in driveability cause he drives his car a lot more than me.

However, I haven't noticed enough of a difference to make me want to get the flap.

(Also Bryson's car has smaller diameter tires, which, to me, makes a much bigger difference in driveability)
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
        No difference that I can tell, really just the noise. I like having quiet mode available - I drive probably 60/40 in sport (loud) mode where the flap opens at 3300rpm or 40mph.
        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Just finished this. The car is changed, shifts fight the engine a lot less, downshifts are smoother. 10/10
          Thanks to Suleiman Pasha.

Comment

Working...
          X