Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

U know when I saw the dyno results my mind was blown , something like 57 hp gain from the Airbox , tune and headers.. it wasn’t adding up, and I’m not sure what’s going on.
    Yeah, mind you, these are also similar numbers to what Hassan's custom dyno tune made on pretty much the same setup, suggesting that this box eliminates any needs/benefit of getting a custom tune? lol

Comment

Fascinating news from TMS about the cabin air filter issue, see attached photo.

Glad we were able to help them catch this! I highly recommend that anyone who bought a TMS box get in touch with Matt McCarron to get the modified bracket, and to remove your cabin air filter housing until you get it.

I'm asking them to replace my airbox, since the cosmetic damage that's been done at this point is substantial. Will let you all know what happens.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
        Fascinating news from TMS about the cabin air filter issue, see attached photo.

Glad we were able to help them catch this! I highly recommend that anyone who bought a TMS box get in touch with Matt McCarron to get the modified bracket, and to remove your cabin air filter housing until you get it.

I'm asking them to replace my airbox, since the cosmetic damage that's been done at this point is substantial. Will let you all know what happens.
        It's good to hear that they are taking care of this issue for you guys. Hopefully that modified bracket doesn't bend the throttle body boots enough so as to cause any kinks.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Further update: they immediately agreed to replace my airbox with a new one. They'll be putting out a quick-installation pdf tomorrow describing how the mounting bracket should be modified, and will be distributing it to all who have already purchased the airbox. They're also willing to provide pre-modified brackets to all who have purchased.

Very happy with their customer service.

Comment

Also happy with the response. Had some problems with mine too and they were quick to resolve it with a solution that was satisfactory to me.

Comment

Good to hear. I will be reaching out tomorrow.

Comment

heinzboehmer here’s the throttle boots with the 3/8” bends to the brackets. Feedback appreciated. It doesn’t seem to be much different in angle. Performance was not effected.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
                  heinzboehmer here’s the throttle boots with the 3/8” bends to the brackets. Feedback appreciated. It doesn’t seem to be much different in angle. Performance was not effected.
                  Hard to tell with that picture as the kinks would form on the bottom. As long as the boots aren't visibly kinked I'd say you're good to go!
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I called today and asked to speak to someone on their BMW RnD team. I inquired on different CF weaves and finishes being made even at extra cost. They told me their working on an airbox for S65's IDK why since that motor isn't modable at all sans a blower. But if anyone was holding their breath on some more options, it's gon be a WHILE.
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
                      newb here. bought the car late last year and i was reading up on the CSL airbox when m3f went under. could someone educate me a little bit. i had read that buying the airbox was "just the beginning". apparently, there are more parts to order to complete the setup? is this more of an aesthetic need or do you really NEED more parts in order to install the TMS CSL Box. Can this not be a plug and play system? i'm currently running an Epic tune so i only imagine they have a CSL tune. just seems this may or may not be worth the trouble but curious on what everyone else feels.

appreciate any info anyone can provide.
                      You will need either the MAP sensor conversion or a custom Alpha N tune. Other than that, it needs a couple things like a filter, clamps and dip stick(optional).
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

If anyone wants to sell their airbox from the pre-order, send me a PM.

Comment

Here's the fitment adjustment .pdf they'll be forwarding to everyone who bought it sometime in the next few days.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I sent my box back due to damage and was told they had the matte in stock so I could get a replacement right away. Now I’m being told they have none in stock. I’m still waiting for a response on my options but based on the phone calls that I was having with Turner, it seem they are re-designing the box to correct the clearance issues with the install.

I’ll call again tomorrow and hopefully get some more answers and update thread when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by LukesM View Post
                              I sent my box back due to damage and was told they had the matte in stock so I could get a replacement right away. Now I’m being told they have none in stock. I’m still waiting for a response on my options but based on the phone calls that I was having with Turner, it seem they are re-designing the box to correct the clearance issues with the install.

I’ll call again tomorrow and hopefully get some more answers and update thread when I do.
                              They told me the lead time on the re-designed boxes was going to be 3+ months. I opted to keep my damaged box until they have the re-designed ones in stock in a few months at which point I'll exchange it.

Comment

I noticed on ECS they were showing a shipping date of December. Wonder if they are going back to the drawing board on some things...
                                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X