Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best driving style to log for a tuner's benefit?
    Last edited by Cubieman; 05-13-2021, 08:01 PM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Driving style? When I was tuning my STi remotely, I logged WOT pulls in 3rd gear from 2500rpm to redline. That was a enough for my tuner to get a road tune going.
      2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Comment

Originally posted by ej257 View Post
        Driving style? When I was tuning my STi remotely, I logged WOT pulls in 3rd gear from 2500rpm to redline. That was a enough for my tuner to get a road tune going.
        I figured it would just be hard pulls to redline (like when one dynos), just wondered if they could also use regular city driving logs to help driveability.

Instagram

Comment

Anybody got a part number for the clip that holds the positive cable in the engine bay? Shown at the 4 min mark in this vid:

Welcome to ShopLifeTV!In this video I show how to remove the intake manifold/plenum from an E46 M3 with a SMG transmission (the process is the same for 6 Spe...

I see it on realoem but it doesn't provide a part number (#13):

Last edited by natty99; 05-18-2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by natty99 View Post
            Anybody got a part number for the clip that holds the positive cable in the engine bay? Shown at the 4 min mark in this vid:

Welcome to ShopLifeTV!In this video I show how to remove the intake manifold/plenum from an E46 M3 with a SMG transmission (the process is the same for 6 Spe...

I see it on realoem but it doesn't provide a part number (#13):

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Thanks terra

Comment

I’ve been banging my head against this. Would be interested to hear how y’all would troubleshoot. I picked up new RE exhaust hangers to replace my stock ones which have never been replaced, and am installing these along with my new Supersprint Sport muffler. However, I seem to be running into a fitment issue with these hangers on this muffler. Long story short, I’m not able to get the muffler fully seated into the section 2 pipes likely due to the hangers not giving me enough clearance against the wheel well. I may try using one of the stock hangers in this position instead. Any other thoughts/tips anyone can lend me?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	2F272F0E-B6BE-4A61-89D7-022EDCD80B73.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	106719
                2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                  I’ve been banging my head against this. Would be interested to hear how y’all would troubleshoot. I picked up new RE exhaust hangers to replace my stock ones which have never been replaced, and am installing these along with my new Supersprint Sport muffler. However, I seem to be running into a fitment issue with these hangers on this muffler. Long story short, I’m not able to get the muffler fully seated into the section 2 pipes likely due to the hangers not giving me enough clearance against the wheel well. I may try using one of the stock hangers in this position instead. Any other thoughts/tips anyone can lend me?
                  Click image for larger version Name:	2F272F0E-B6BE-4A61-89D7-022EDCD80B73.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	106719
                  What is your setup upstream of sec. 2, stock or aftermarket?

You may have to use OE mounts on the driver's side on the R.E. on the passenger side only. I currently run the R.E mount on the passenger side only as it keeps my SCZA muffler solid enough to not hit the EVAP canister.

Your issue may have to do with the R.E. mounts or just the fact that aftermarket stuff doesn't always land in the same place as factory. Too bad, as those R.E mounts are quite nice, and expensive.
                  If you ever get rid of them let me know

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

What is your setup upstream of sec. 2, stock or aftermarket?

You may have to use OE mounts on the driver's side on the R.E. on the passenger side only. I currently run the R.E mount on the passenger side only as it keeps my SCZA muffler solid enough to not hit the EVAP canister.

Your issue may have to do with the R.E. mounts or just the fact that aftermarket stuff doesn't always land in the same place as factory. Too bad, as those R.E mounts are quite nice, and expensive.
                    If you ever get rid of them let me know
                    All currently stock except this new ss sport sec 3. Seems likely that i'll end up in a similar config and swap one or both of the hangers back to OEM on the drivers side. Thanks for your thoughts!
                    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Anyone have insight on fault codes:
                      78 DSC: vehicle power > 18 V
                      B6 DSC: steering angle sensor CAN

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.37.01 PM by Nate Hassler, on Flickr
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Heck while we're at it... How about these? Best things to try before replacing parts...?

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.41.10 PM by Nate Hassler, on Flickr
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          Anyone have insight on fault codes:
                          78 DSC: vehicle power > 18 V
                          B6 DSC: steering angle sensor CAN

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.37.01 PM by Nate Hassler, on Flickr
                          Looks like you have a bad alternator regulator
                          Vehicle voltage should be under 15.5(about)

I would fix that issue first and the rest might go away

Start with a volt meter
                          Measure battery voltage with car off
                          Should be around 12v

Start car and measure battery voltage again
                          If you are reading anything above 15v you can have a bad alternator or voltage regulator (which is on the alternator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2004 M3

I will be installing the Karbonius intake once it arrives

I’m just trying to get things ready

My question is

Can I re use my boots or do I need boots from abs earlier model m3

Can’t really find a answer

I even emailed karbonius they said they don’t know the installation ???

And provided me with a customers email that does installs in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post

Looks like you have a bad alternator regulator
                              Vehicle voltage should be under 15.5(about)

I would fix that issue first and the rest might go away

Start with a volt meter
                              Measure battery voltage with car off
                              Should be around 12v

Start car and measure battery voltage again
                              If you are reading anything above 15v you can have a bad alternator or voltage regulator (which is on the alternator)

Cool thanks, I replaced the alternator like 20k miles ago. Stands to reason it could be bad already?
                              Last edited by Nate047; 05-26-2021, 05:46 PM.
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                                I have a 2004 M3

I will be installing the Karbonius intake once it arrives

I’m just trying to get things ready

My question is

Can I re use my boots or do I need boots from abs earlier model m3

Can’t really find a answer

I even emailed karbonius they said they don’t know the installation ???

And provided me with a customers email that does installs in England.

10/04 production which means 05 MY and later use the new boots
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X