Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this washer thing in the brake master cylinder (MK60)? A kind of one way valve?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220903_143821~2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	183061

Refreshing the seals and cleaning everything out before installing this (and other MK60 bits) in the car and it caught my eye.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Regarding the M10 Copper hex nuts securing the stock Section1 to Manifolds, P/N: 18301317898, I want to use them along with the 11621318568 torx bolts for my SS system install (per Ian's recommendation). Not to be cheap, but to mindful of money spent, is there an acceptable interchange to that M10 nut, say maybe 18307530972 or 18301737774? The only thing I can think of preventing this exchange is maybe a difference in thread pitch however I'm unable to confirm pitch on any listings for the nuts or bolt--all I find is "M10". Any ideas are appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: Brushing up on metric fasteners, ISO standard allows only the size (M10) to be specified and clarifies the assumption is coarse pitch. If a fine pitch is required, it is listed (x1.0, 1.25).
      Last edited by PSUEng; 09-05-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I’m heaving a rich running condition with my car. The codes that show up at every a few drive cycles are fuel diagnosis cylinders 1-3 and 4-6. What could cause this? I have a new fuel pump, recently changed fuel injectors, fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. I also installed new O2 sensors during the SS v1 headers (catless) install. Car has the Turner box with the MAP sensor. Rear O2s and the secondary air pump are deleted.

Comment

Specific codes? What are you fuel trim numbers?
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Specific codes? What are you fuel trim numbers?
            Fuel system diagnosis cylinders 1-3
            Fuel system diagnosis cylinders 4-6

These are the only two error codes that I constantly get at every 3-4 drive cycle.

Comment

Weird, never heard of those. Do you have the ECUwerx tool? "Martyn's tool"? That'll give you the fuel adjustments/adaptations.

Do you have the specific code #s, that might help. The codes' descriptions, as you've written them, sound vague.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Weird, never heard of those. Do you have the ECUwerx tool? "Martyn's tool"? That'll give you the fuel adjustments/adaptations.

Do you have the specific code #s, that might help. The codes' descriptions, as you've written them, sound vague.
                Checked with INPA, stuff is in German. Lol
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post

Checked with INPA, stuff is in German. Lol
                  INPA code 174: (P0172)
                  Multiplicative mixture adaptation, cyl. 1-3 control limit reached

INPA Code175: (P0175)
                  Multiplicative mixture adaptation, cyl. 4-6 control limit reached

Link with some good info:

Last edited by Cubieman; 09-06-2022, 10:26 PM.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Intake air leak. Both banks basically needs to be something common to all cylinders. Do a smoke test.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                      Intake air leak. Both banks basically needs to be something common to all cylinders. Do a smoke test.
                      I removed the Turner box twice to make sure there aren’t any damaged lines, boots etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

INPA code 174: (P0172)
                        Multiplicative mixture adaptation, cyl. 1-3 control limit reached

INPA Code175: (P0175)
                        Multiplicative mixture adaptation, cyl. 4-6 control limit reached

Link with some good info:

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...utions.919568/
                        They didn’t write anything other than what I suspected. Good thing I buy all my parts from FCP. So I’ll use the their lifetime warranty and replace the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump and see what it does.

Comment

Doubt it's a fuel issue tbh.

Comment

I'm installing axle carrier plates and weld in vincebar. Here's the dumb question... Why do the rear axle carrier bushings have such a large bolt diameter for the bolts that hold them?
                            Seems it could move around.

Comment

Edit: Answered my own question
                              Last edited by ridebikes; 09-15-2022, 10:52 AM.
                              2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                              ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Well my pass side window regulator just crapped out. is there a good alternative to the BMW genuine or is best to buy used OEM?

Comment

Working...
                                X