Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see an issue running stock or RE mounts even if the holes on the brace have been opened up 1mm-1.5mm. There is tons of surface contact, and the bushing isn't rotating or moving once A) tightened and B) under weight of driveline.

You could also just buy new E21 mounts, they're cheap and robust. What's the point in moving away from them?

For those CCV hoses, you can either try to remove the oetiker clamps carefully (to reuse), or buy hose clamps, but I thought the oetikers were avaiable by themselves through BMW, and that'll be much cheaper than buying the BMW hoses that I assume come with new oetikers. Can also buy oetikers on the aftermarket.
    Last edited by Tbonem3; 03-15-2023, 01:05 PM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I replaced those hoses on mine. They did not come with new oetiker clamps. I removed mine carefully and reused them.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Do early MK20 E46 M3s have different rear brake calipers? I read one page that said they have different brake bias because the rear piston is smaller at 20mm vs 22mm on later cars. Just trying to get my info straight.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          I don't see an issue running stock or RE mounts even if the holes on the brace have been opened up 1mm-1.5mm. There is tons of surface contact, and the bushing isn't rotating or moving once A) tightened and B) under weight of driveline.

You could also just buy new E21 mounts, they're cheap and robust. What's the point in moving away from them?

For those CCV hoses, you can either try to remove the oetiker clamps carefully (to reuse), or buy hose clamps, but I thought the oetikers were avaiable by themselves through BMW, and that'll be much cheaper than buying the BMW hoses that I assume come with new oetikers. Can also buy oetikers on the aftermarket.
          I don’t mind buying new OE clamps. What annoys me is the $140 price tag for the two tiny hoses plus the longer hose for $80.

There is NVH transfer with the E21 mounts, but I’m guessing the metal cups are causing most of that NVH. Still, I think I’d just prefer to go with OE mounts. I want minimal mods on the blue car.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Do early MK20 E46 M3s have different rear brake calipers? I read one page that said they have different brake bias because the rear piston is smaller at 20mm vs 22mm on later cars. Just trying to get my info straight.
            No, rear calipers only differed between non-ZCP and ZCP cars.

Brake bias is different between MK20 and MK60 cars (non-ZCP), but that's because the master cylinder is different between the two setups.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

No, rear calipers only differed between non-ZCP and ZCP cars.

Brake bias is different between MK20 and MK60 cars (non-ZCP), but that's because the master cylinder is different between the two setups.
              Right on, I know you know all about this having recently done the swap. So, can you tell me what the stock brake bias is in reality, for MK20 cars, what it is for regular MK60 cars, and for CSL/ZCP?
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

I don’t mind buying new OE clamps. What annoys me is the $140 price tag for the two tiny hoses plus the longer hose for $80.

There is NVH transfer with the E21 mounts, but I’m guessing the metal cups are causing most of that NVH. Still, I think I’d just prefer to go with OE mounts. I want minimal mods on the blue car.
                I had E21 mounts (just the mount, no metal cup) at the same time as my other car having the best tranny mount ever imo, Rogue Engineering, and I couldn't tell a difference in any NVH category.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

I had E21 mounts (just the mount, no metal cup) at the same time as my other car having the best tranny mount ever imo, Rogue Engineering, and I couldn't tell a difference in any NVH category.
                  Oh cool. I’ll buy a new pair of E21 mounts and try them without the cups.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I would, and it's like $20 total lol

And I'm not sure if you can get OE BMW anymore, but I bought the Febi/Bilstein OEM branded ones - most common option you'll find.

Comment

Right on, I know you know all about this having recently done the swap. So, can you tell me what the stock brake bias is in reality, for MK20 cars, what it is for regular MK60 cars, and for CSL/ZCP?
                      I forget exactly what it is, but the numbers listed here sound right: https://thebuildjournal.com/tech-gui...-chart-e46-m3/

MK20 - 56.0%F 44.0%R
                      MK60 - 60.6%F 39.4%R
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I forget exactly what it is, but the numbers listed here sound right: https://thebuildjournal.com/tech-gui...-chart-e46-m3/
                        Okay so I thought when they listed 25mm and 22mm/20mm that those were the caliper piston sizes. I get it now and feel like I've lived up to the name of this thread Did you swap the MC when you did the MK60 upgrade? You did like, everything, right?
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Okay so I thought when they listed 25mm and 22mm/20mm that those were the caliper piston sizes. I get it now and feel like I've lived up to the name of this thread Did you swap the MC when you did the MK60 upgrade? You did like, everything, right?
                          Yep, I swapped absolutely everything.

Comment

Anybody have the part number for the camshaft position sensors? For some reason it's not on realoem. I assume both intake and exhaust side use the same part. TIA!
                            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Hi guys,

I’m waiting for my Ohlins R&T’s to arrive. Can someone confirm the damper mm size and spring diameter? Looking to purchase some camber plates. Thanks
                              2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post
                                Hi guys,

I’m waiting for my Ohlins R&T’s to arrive. Can someone confirm the damper mm size and spring diameter? Looking to purchase some camber plates. Thanks
                                If you are keeping the stock Ohlins springs, any camber plate that works with the stock M3 springs will fit this application. Turner Motorsport, Vorshlag and Ground Control tend to be good options.

Comment

Working...
                                X