Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alrighty so, I'm trying to figure out what kind of value my black leather front and rear seats have. They are both in decent used condition, do people really even want this kind of stuff?

I feel like I can move the front seats for a couple hundred bucks (or...?)

But the rear seat? Is that just junk?
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
      Alrighty so, I'm trying to figure out what kind of value my black leather front and rear seats have. They are both in decent used condition, do people really even want this kind of stuff?

I feel like I can move the front seats for a couple hundred bucks (or...?)

But the rear seat? Is that just junk?
      I'm in the same boat. I have some minty mint front and rear (food down) black heated seats and no one wants them. They are the worst M3 seats ever put in a car. They are huge, heavy and not really comfortable.

T

Comment

no real question.... but window regulators are $500??????? sheeeshhh

Comment

I've always bought a used regulator and/or motor from a part-out like on ebay or something. And what's nice is that we can use ones from NON M coupes or vert, so the pool is larger and prices lower.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 ยท DCT ยท Slicktop ยท Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 ยท Coupe ยท 6spd ยท Slicktop ยท zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Hey guys so I could use some advice/insight on an issue that is happening with my car, I will try to provide as much context as possible.
            • Purchased my car last year around May, with 155k miles, 03 M3 smg converted to manual by a well known shop here in ATL (Lin's Automotive)
            • PO said that the car would die out around 1/8 tank of fuel, so when I got the car I tried to never let it go below 1/4 but the times it did, no issues.
            • This made be believe maybe the siphon line was going bad, but from what I understand now that is highly unlikely
            • The only symptoms of this issue I ever had was one or two times randomly, the car would not start on the first key turn no matter what I did, second key turn it started instantly
            • Again, this only happened once or twice
            • What would happen more often though is sometimes I would have to blip the throttle when I clutch in or else the car would stall out sometimes, from what I understand this happens to some people because of the clutch switch that is used during a swap? I've also heard it's a brake pressure issue but idk, not sure if that is relevant here but thought I'd share
            • Fast forward to last weekend, I'm running around a bit and its a pretty hot Georgia day (90ish degrees F)
            • I get to a 1/8 a tank not paying attention and the car dies like it has no fuel
            • Right before this the car was acting like it wanted to stall, pressing the gas and nothing happens
            • I say to myself okay, this is the issue PO talked about
            • I go get a jerry can of gas, but before I pour it in, I try to start it just to see, starts up immediately
            • So now I'm wondering what the heck is going on
            • Fill up the car and it's fine no problems
            • End up going up to the mountains after, about a 2 hour drive
            • About and hour and fifteen minutes in, I stop at a light and when I go to take off and the car falls on its face, it gets up to 2k RPM and then nothing and stalls out
            • I end up rolling into the intersection and keep trying to start the car, after about 30 seconds it starts and I'm back to business as usual
            • Drive another half hour and get to the mountain and it feels like I'm down on power and when I get to the top it practically stalls as I pull in to the parking spot
            • End up leaving it for an hour or so to go ride in a buddy's car
            • Once it's time to leave it starts up fine and makes the spirited drive home with no problems !
            I am super perplexed at this point, my gut feeling is to do fuel filter and pump and go from there, but I also don't want to throw $600 at an issue when I'm not 100% sure that this is what the problem is.

Would just like some input and wisdom from you guys or if you've heard of or had this issue before.

Thanks in advance
            2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver / Black

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

www.instagram.com/nextlvel

Comment

Pull codes.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by nextlvel View Post
                Hey guys so I could use some advice/insight on an issue that is happening with my car, I will try to provide as much context as possible.
                • Purchased my car last year around May, with 155k miles, 03 M3 smg converted to manual by a well known shop here in ATL (Lin's Automotive)
                • PO said that the car would die out around 1/8 tank of fuel, so when I got the car I tried to never let it go below 1/4 but the times it did, no issues.
                • This made be believe maybe the siphon line was going bad, but from what I understand now that is highly unlikely
                • The only symptoms of this issue I ever had was one or two times randomly, the car would not start on the first key turn no matter what I did, second key turn it started instantly
                • Again, this only happened once or twice
                • What would happen more often though is sometimes I would have to blip the throttle when I clutch in or else the car would stall out sometimes, from what I understand this happens to some people because of the clutch switch that is used during a swap? I've also heard it's a brake pressure issue but idk, not sure if that is relevant here but thought I'd share
                • Fast forward to last weekend, I'm running around a bit and its a pretty hot Georgia day (90ish degrees F)
                • I get to a 1/8 a tank not paying attention and the car dies like it has no fuel
                • Right before this the car was acting like it wanted to stall, pressing the gas and nothing happens
                • I say to myself okay, this is the issue PO talked about
                • I go get a jerry can of gas, but before I pour it in, I try to start it just to see, starts up immediately
                • So now I'm wondering what the heck is going on
                • Fill up the car and it's fine no problems
                • End up going up to the mountains after, about a 2 hour drive
                • About and hour and fifteen minutes in, I stop at a light and when I go to take off and the car falls on its face, it gets up to 2k RPM and then nothing and stalls out
                • I end up rolling into the intersection and keep trying to start the car, after about 30 seconds it starts and I'm back to business as usual
                • Drive another half hour and get to the mountain and it feels like I'm down on power and when I get to the top it practically stalls as I pull in to the parking spot
                • End up leaving it for an hour or so to go ride in a buddy's car
                • Once it's time to leave it starts up fine and makes the spirited drive home with no problems !
                I am super perplexed at this point, my gut feeling is to do fuel filter and pump and go from there, but I also don't want to throw $600 at an issue when I'm not 100% sure that this is what the problem is.

Would just like some input and wisdom from you guys or if you've heard of or had this issue before.

Thanks in advance
                Driver's side level sender unit clip for connecting siphon jet could be broken. Fuel is not being sent to the passenger side where the fuel pump is located.

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...279#post157279
                Last edited by Slideways; 06-22-2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                  Pull codes.
                  Will do tomorrow, I have access to a snap on scanner at my cousin's shop.

Love the afro samurai pfp btw !

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Driver's side level sender unit clip for connecting siphon jet could be broken. Fuel is not be pulled to the passenger side where the fuel pump is located.

This would make a lot of sense, I'll have to pop the seat up and take a look. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Driver's side level sender unit clip for connecting siphon jet could be broken. Fuel is not being sent to the passenger side where the fuel pump is located.

Good call!

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mangler View Post

I'm in the same boat. I have some minty mint front and rear (food down) black heated seats and no one wants them. They are the worst M3 seats ever put in a car. They are huge, heavy and not really comfortable.

T
                        Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by ARCHBID View Post
                          Where are you located?
                          Charleston SC

Comment

It's not 100% a "dumb question" but it's a simple one that doesn't deserve its own post.

Why is the Bentley advising not to lubricate calliper pins? Does anyone know the technical reason for it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	273
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	223195โ€‹

Comment

Ask Siri for a good answer ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
                                It's not 100% a "dumb question" but it's a simple one that doesn't deserve its own post.

Why is the Bentley advising not to lubricate calliper pins? Does anyone know the technical reason for it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	273
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	223195โ€‹
                                I think the community consensus was that the lube would cause the rubber guides to swell up a bit and actually increase friction. No idea if thatโ€™s BS or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X