This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
    If you are tall, a matrix style floor mount like garagistic, bimmerworld, vac, etc would be my suggestion.

If you are shorter, I would recommend an elevated floor mount like from planted: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/co...05-driver-left
    Would that work with BMW sliders>Brey Krause brackets>Cobra Nogaro seats?

I love my Nogaro's but sit too low for my liking, I am looking for a simple way to set them up a bit higher.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

The BMW sliders mount directly to the floor right? You could put a piece of square tubing between the BMW slider and the BK bracket.

Maybe something like this? https://www.plantedtechnology.com/pr...ed-seat-spacer

Last edited by jayjaya29; 02-15-2024, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
        The BMW sliders mount directly to the floor right? You could put a piece of square tubing between the BMW slider and the BK bracket.

Maybe something like this? https://www.plantedtechnology.com/pr...ed-seat-spacer
        Yes they do go straight to the floor, saw those spacers last night on their website, look like they may be a viable option.

Instagram

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on and/or experiences with fuel system cleaners, engine flushes, etc? I typically run some Techron in my vehicles, I've tried some of the LM flushes and cleaners; currently I'm not having any engine issues but if a few bucks in a can of cleaner every now and again helps, I'm in. And I'm not just talking BMW cars, but in general. Of course, hit BITOG and it's an endless rabbit hole like which oil to use...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
            What are everyone's thoughts on and/or experiences with fuel system cleaners, engine flushes, etc? I typically run some Techron in my vehicles, I've tried some of the LM flushes and cleaners; currently I'm not having any engine issues but if a few bucks in a can of cleaner every now and again helps, I'm in. And I'm not just talking BMW cars, but in general. Of course, hit BITOG and it's an endless rabbit hole like which oil to use...
            As long as you stick to quality fuel and regular oil service, you don't need any additives.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
              As long as you stick to quality fuel and regular oil service, you don't need any additives.
              ^ This.

Additives are for when you know for a fact that

1. You have a problem that the additive could help solve;
              2. You can't solve it by sticking with Top Tier Gas fuel brands, or by using OE or OE-quality fluids and changing them more frequently;
              3. You understand the risk profile of the additive you're looking at (there are always risks); and
              4. The upsides are worth the downsides.

If you can't tick every one of those boxes with certainty, don't use the additive.

For fuel system cleaners from reputable brands, the stakes are lower, so you can afford to be a bit less strict.​ Feel free to throw a dose fuel system cleaner into your tank in rare cases, e.g. after your engine has been running like crap for a while due to a failing sensor or bad fuel or something. Or use more regular doses if you can't use Top Tier Gas fuels consistently.

For anything else – engine flushes, oil additives that claim to improve the performance of the oil, frequent use of fuel additives on top of good quality fuel, etc. – do not stray from the above points.
              Last edited by IamFODI; 02-20-2024, 01:35 PM.
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
              Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I am looking for oem/genuine water pump with composite impeller. Ideally via FCP for lifetime replacement. It looks like they only offer one without the impeller? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mp-11517838118

Can anyone help be piece this all together?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fourmula1 View Post
                  I am looking for oem/genuine water pump with composite impeller. Ideally via FCP for lifetime replacement. It looks like they only offer one without the impeller? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mp-11517838118

Can anyone help be piece this all together?

Thanks
                  All waterpumps come with an impeller and the genuine one from FCP says "composite impeller." It does not come with the waterpump gasket which is normal. The order of the wording could be confusing.

Comment

A while back I seem to remember the hose from the air rail to the booster could be purchased without having to porsche the entire brake booster assembly, is this the case?

Previous owner had this coupler in, which makes removal easier but also creates the potential for an air leak. I have a MAP sensor further downstream and don't like 2 couplers.

EDIT: Found it, damn these are stupid expensive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240222_234814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	254630
                    Last edited by Cubieman; 02-22-2024, 09:02 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                      A while back I seem to remember the hose from the air rail to the booster could be purchased without having to porsche the entire brake booster assembly, is this the case?

Previous owner had this coupler in, which makes removal easier but also creates the potential for an air leak. I have a MAP sensor further downstream and don't like 2 couplers.

EDIT: Found it, damn these are stupid expensive.

Click image for larger version Name:	20240222_234814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	254630

It's about 200.

Comment

You guys think it's weird to add a grab handle for the driver side? I always liked having it in the G35 years ago...I never knew why they had it on both sides...
                        /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

I did. It's very light, and can help slow seat wear.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

After 10 years and just 20k miles, I'm starting to think I want to pull my Bilstein B4s out and do something else--something that rides "better" on the street but still offers better handling performance; I don't do track days in this car. For shocks running with stock springs and hardware, what are some opinions based on current offerings? Last I paid attention years ago, the B6's affected ride height, the rear spring pad thicknesses were in play, and if I recall, maybe BMW had a spring change somewhere in 2003 resulting in some cars having a different ride height. CSL springs were in play at some point, Dinan springs were available. If there is a thread, or threads here I've missed, apologies in advance.

Comment

For those who have re-installed their front door panels, any tips on installing the handle cable latch? Kinda stuck and youtube videos make it look way too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
                                For those who have re-installed their front door panels, any tips on installing the handle cable latch? Kinda stuck and youtube videos make it look way too easy.
                                It kind of just clips back on from what I remember. If you only did one side, it could help by removing the other side and seeing how it’s clipped on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X