*I think someone found out the f.a.g. hubs are being made in asia now
    You are on a roll today eh LOL

Comment

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
        welp, the AC went out during my weekly drive. Had AC for the first 20 minutes and it quit half way through.

I've checked the AC fuses (28, 62, 63) and they're good. AC clutch engages and stays engaged until I turn off the AC button.

Any thing else I should look at?
        update on this: it's somehow fixed itself 😅

Going to chalk this up as old German car being old German car and it's going to have a few electrical hiccups here and there.

Another question: does the HVAC control ever go bad?
        Last edited by zzyzx85; 09-06-2024, 03:02 PM.
        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Whoa bro he's just asking an innocent question chill out

*I think someone found out the f.a.g. hubs are being made in asia now
          First I'm hearing of this, can anyone verify? *FCP is still showing Europe for M3 front and rear bearings.
          '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

First I'm hearing of this, can anyone verify? *FCP is still showing Europe for M3 front and rear bearings.
            Ordered two FAG wheel bearings from FCP a while ago - one said made in Slovakia and the other in Germany.

Comment

Is there anything different in the front-core support for our cars and a generic 3 series? It's the same part on real OEM but I'm hesitant to believe that ours are stamped steel like the listings for generic supports online claim

'

Comment

I'm burning this thread up!

So for rear CV axles, referencing the "washers" and bolts connecting the axle to the diff output, TIS says: "Replace bolts and washers (1)". Does this mean re-install the washers and bolts, or replace all the washers and bolts with new parts?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                  I'm burning this thread up!

So for rear CV axles, referencing the "washers" and bolts connecting the axle to the diff output, TIS says: "Replace bolts and washers (1)". Does this mean re-install the washers and bolts, or replace all the washers and bolts with new parts?
                  The latter. Have fun justifying the $300 or whatever that bolt set costs now
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    Have fun justifying the $300 or whatever that bolt set costs now
                    FCP Euro? 😬
                    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                      FCP Euro? 😬
                      I believe the bolts are class 10.9. When I had the diff out to replace the cover, I reused them.

Comment

Anybody know the part number for the rubber boots that BMW uses for 2&3 pin connectors? Looking to add one to a map sensor

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.5 KB ID:	278145

Comment

Originally posted by Darbshaw View Post
                          Is there anything different in the front-core support for our cars and a generic 3 series? It's the same part on real OEM but I'm hesitant to believe that ours are stamped steel like the listings for generic supports online claim

'
                          Same part for all e46s.

Mike
                          02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                          11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                          16 X5

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I believe the bolts are class 10.9. When I had the diff out to replace the cover, I reused them.
                            I could get replacing the r/f plates, but those bolts? I'd like to know the reason BMW specs for them to be replaced, short of damage/excessive corrosion. My diff was out for a cover, and the fasteners re-used and no problem.

EDIT: Looks like the bolts bite into the plates, so depending upon which one is harder, I can start to understand the replacement. I might stick with just the plates...for now.
                            Last edited by PSUEng; 09-08-2024, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I could get replacing the r/f plates, but those bolts? I'd like to know the reason BMW specs for them to be replaced, short of damage/excessive corrosion. My diff was out for a cover, and the fasteners re-used and no problem.

EDIT: Looks like the bolts bite into the plates, so depending upon which one is harder, I can start to understand the replacement. I might stick with just the plates...for now.
                              Are they TTY?
                              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                              Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Other than that, my guess is it is a critical fastener where you would lose drive to one or both axles if something happened to the bolts or washers, not to mention everything is spinning at a high rate of speed. For most of the bolts in the driveline, I believe TIS calls for replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X