What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil I View Post
    Did some basic checks and maintenance on the Vanos. Both exhaust hubs tabs are still there 😅, and looked to be in really good condition with no visible wear marks on tabs or oil pump disk.
    Meaningless.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Replaced RSM’s and anal retentive cleaning of the wheel wells.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D74E800-7EB8-4819-B154-FFB26443F1A5.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	28441 Click image for larger version

Name:	3B728BB9-9339-449E-89D4-D3AE2589C3D5.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	28440 Click image for larger version

Name:	ACBE5EFE-4FE0-40C1-83D6-63D1ABD978C1.jpeg
Views:	602
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	28439

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Meaningless.
        It wasn’t meant to mean that they were not going to break off. I was just happy that the hub was still in one piece 😂. I’ll be replacing the oil pump disk soon

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
          Replaced RSM’s and anal retentive cleaning of the wheel wells.
          Anything special used in the cleaning or just elbow grease and a weak cleaner?

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Anything special used in the cleaning or just elbow grease and a weak cleaner?
            Let’s see...I used Castrol Super Clean, a stiff nylon bristled brush, and then some brake cleaner to rinse the grime away. The wheel wells seem to be pretty colorfast. I had done it around 2 yrs ago, so it wasn’t nearly as bad this time-lol.

Comment

kicked my bank accounts ass. rod bearings/subframe
              • 2006 AW/IR Manual
              • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
              • Supersprint
              • KW V3
              • 996 Brembo
              • ZCP / PSS

Comment

bassel_sy you are not alone, I also recently kicked my bank accounts ass having my rod bearings, vanos, and subframe handled by a boss. I feel like a chickened out ( I did ) - I wanna put all that work in a build journal. On my way home from all that incredible work my dash lit up like a Xmas tree, and I have been chasing what was up for the last couple of days . . . today I pound on my chest like KONG!!! Because I cleared my codes

After a frustrating day of trying to load INPA on an old laptop ( I am a total idiot please do not hold it against me ) , and a day of using a wifi ODB2 reader that told me I had nothing to worry about, I bit the bullet and bought a hand held reader.

In the end I just needed to recalibrate my Steering Angle Sensor!

Now I can focus on:
                New struts, CSL trunk, CSL wheels . . . Hi, my name is bean, and I have a problem

Attached Files

Comment

Got two new tires.

Comment

And a full tank of gas

Comment

not today but still close enough: 3.91 (diffsonline), cmp, gc arcas

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Did something I should do more often

Name:	20200530_174343.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	29923

Name:	20200530_180226.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	29924
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by cbean View Post
                          bassel_sy you are not alone, I also recently kicked my bank accounts ass having my rod bearings, vanos, and subframe handled by a boss. I feel like a chickened out ( I did ) - I wanna put all that work in a build journal. On my way home from all that incredible work my dash lit up like a Xmas tree, and I have been chasing what was up for the last couple of days . . . today I pound on my chest like KONG!!! Because I cleared my codes

After a frustrating day of trying to load INPA on an old laptop ( I am a total idiot please do not hold it against me ) , and a day of using a wifi ODB2 reader that told me I had nothing to worry about, I bit the bullet and bought a hand held reader.

In the end I just needed to recalibrate my Steering Angle Sensor!

Now I can focus on:
                          New struts, CSL trunk, CSL wheels . . . Hi, my name is bean, and I have a problem
                          I feel you man. but what can we do!? better spend it on things we love than garbage! in the meantime, im swapping my interior out and its an absolute shit show.
                          • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                          • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                          • Supersprint
                          • KW V3
                          • 996 Brembo
                          • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Cleaned out the cobwebs. Ditched the kids off with the neighbors and the wife and I drove her through beautiful Buck County, PA listening to the high RPMs via CSL box bouncing off the trees.

Name:	red car 3.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	30188

E46 ///M3 Imola Red
                            996TT FVD'd Arena Red
                            C3 Corvette White/Graphite
                            F31 328d Alpine Weiss

Gone, but not forgotten:
                            S52 M Roadster
                            S54 M Roadster
                            Volvo V70R

Comment

Installed matte grilles from amazon. Mediocre quality at best and the hood grilles didn’t want to cooperate. The two halves kept separating every time I tried popping them in. I drilled holes and put tie wire to hold the two halves together so the grilles wouldn’t come apart. Should have just returned them but I figured ehh.

Comment

Replaced the Gear Position Sensor on the vert today! Bit of a pain with not a ton of room, but the car drives great again.

Comment

Working...
                                X