No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got myself the kits from racing diffs to have my 4.1 R&P swapped, I got the full set of clutches and tool to open the V2 kit

I will be doing the ratio swap myself during the yearend holidays and try to document it here.

This is the tool for opening the LSD unit which can be found following models: E46 M3 (2005 - 2006, CSL), E9X M3, E60 M5, E63/E64 M6, Z4 M. This unit is opened by unscrewing the 6-point collar opposite from crown gear. Pay attention that it is counter thread, so you are unscrewing it clockwise. Watch full video of rebuild and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.

And the shims for the swap to adjust the backlash

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
      ^ sick car and garage bro. Job well done!
      Thanks for the kind words, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
      2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
      My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Finally installed the Eventuri intake. You can definitely feel the quality. Worth every penny IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post
          Finally installed the Eventuri intake. You can definitely feel the quality. Worth every penny IMO!

Nice! How's it sound?
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Today I received something from Rogue Engineering that's supposed to help my rasp situation a bit. I'm currently having a second OEM resonated section 1 installed. So both pipes will be resonated when I pick up the car on Monday. Will be interesting to see how that setup sounds when compared to the Rogue offering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6725.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	139312

Comment

Been a busy year. Subframe reinforcement, new bushings throughout and engine mounts, new upper control arms, new rear wheel bearings, and finally a new set of tires.

Comment

Last week was rough for my poor car

On Monday, I was changing the oil and the threads on the oil pan stripped. Ordered a timesert kit (with the correct 9.2mm inserts) and had the car back up and running by the weekend. Of course it had to happen the day before I had a dyno tune scheduled. Lesson learned, no working on the car the day before an important appointment, even if the job is as trivial as an oil change.

Then on Sunday, I crashed it. Another driver merged way too close in front of me and immediately slammed on the brakes. Seems like someone else tried to merge in front of them and they panic braked. I braked as hard as possible and when I realized I wasn't going to stop in time, I swerved right. Ended up just barely touching their rear bumper. Managed to avoid a full on collision and luckily the damage to my car is very limited. Looks like there is only some paint transfer from the other car on my bumper and fender. Gonna polish that up today or tomorrow and car should be good as new.

Hopefully this week is a little nicer on the car. Have an appointment scheduled for a dyno tune on Thursday. Excited to see how much power it'll make with the Karb airbox, V1s and Paul's dyno tune.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                  Last week was rough for my poor car

On Monday, I was changing the oil and the threads on the oil pan stripped. Ordered a timesert kit (with the correct 9.2mm inserts) and had the car back up and running by the weekend. Of course it had to happen the day before I had a dyno tune scheduled. Lesson learned, no working on the car the day before an important appointment, even if the job is as trivial as an oil change.

Then on Sunday, I crashed it. Another driver merged way too close in front of me and immediately slammed on the brakes. Seems like someone else tried to merge in front of them and they panic braked. I braked as hard as possible and when I realized I wasn't going to stop in time, I swerved right. Ended up just barely touching their rear bumper. Managed to avoid a full on collision and luckily the damage to my car is very limited. Looks like there is only some paint transfer from the other car on my bumper and fender. Gonna polish that up today or tomorrow and car should be good as new.

Hopefully this week is a little nicer on the car. Have an appointment scheduled for a dyno tune on Thursday. Excited to see how much power it'll make with the Karb airbox, V1s and Paul's dyno tune.
                  Oh man, it sounds like this last week has sucked a bit. Killer news is you are okay and going to the dyno on Thursday with the new box + stuff. Glad you are safe, sincerely. Can't wait to see the results!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

Oh man, it sounds like this last week has sucked a bit. Killer news is you are okay and going to the dyno on Thursday with the new box + stuff. Glad you are safe, sincerely. Can't wait to see the results!
                    Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Like you said, important thing is that everyone is safe (gf was in the car with me at the time too) and nothing major happened. Definitely excited about the dyno, I'll post the results here as soon as I get them.

Took a stab at removing the damage and it came out pretty good. Still need to get some deeper scratches out, but I think it'll turn out quite well.

Before:

Name:	20211129_113703~2.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	139642
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_113805.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	139640

After:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_215310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	139641
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Like you said, important thing is that everyone is safe (gf was in the car with me at the time too) and nothing major happened. Definitely excited about the dyno, I'll post the results here as soon as I get them.

Took a stab at removing the damage and it came out pretty good. Still need to get some deeper scratches out, but I think it'll turn out quite well.

Before:

Name:	20211129_113703~2.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	139642
                      Click image for larger version Name:	20211129_113805.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	139640

After:
                      Click image for larger version Name:	20211129_215310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	139641
                      Wow, very nice job there, what compound/hardware did you use to remove the scuff?
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

The M3 got some black friday loving
                        new Volk TE 37 18x9.5 18x11
                        and some new Recaro Sporters CS

To bad its parked for winter tho Click image for larger version

Name:	bbb.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	139673

Name:	hi.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	139671Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	139672

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Wow, very nice job there, what compound/hardware did you use to remove the scuff?
                          Thanks! It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it for now. It will definitely tide me over until I hear back from my/the other person's insurance.

And nothing special, really.

Cleaned the area with some very diluted dawn dish soap. Then used a microfiber towel and some megs 105 to remove the transferred paint. Will continue using the 105 for the deeper scratches and then follow up with some 205 to get everything looking nice again.

The fender got pushed in a bit at the front, but I managed to pull that out with just my fingers. Removed the turn signal and loosened the front bolt that holds the fender on, then pulled slowly.

Comment

Finally got the SS V1, cats, and twin oversized sec 2 installed. It’s been fun and interesting to drive the car again.
                            2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                            Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                            Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                            Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                            Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                            Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

I have some Slon Workshop carbon goodness on the way. Slonik has sent some teasers... It's killing me! I'm beyond excited to get these parts!

Name:	Slon Workshop -carbon roof 2x2 large weave - image_30186.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	140846

Name:	Slon Workshop - carbon roof bow_1.pg.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	140847

Name:	Slon Workshop - carbon roof bow_2.pg.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	140848

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

^looking forward to this
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X