No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed oil (anual event after a whopping 2k kms this year), used 0w40 and Ceratec. I also changed the CPV o-ring. It was very easy as I have Euro headers, so plenty of access.

the o ring was dry and cracked during removal. I also took the chance to clean the reinforcement panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	681D1993-2625-420F-B90A-03C03A190DF8.jpg Views:	3 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	195946

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB243253-0F6C-4CF3-AD84-C137708547FD.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	195954

Name:	2ACC6F18-6A51-4154-A594-8183C5378959.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	195953
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maupineda; 12-11-2022, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Did you sprinkle the reinforcement plate with fairy dust afterwards?!
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
        Learn something new on this forum everyday. I might order up the E36 bushings and try to press them in. Thanks for the info.
        It doesn’t cost a lot to try them at least.
        2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

I have the E36 M3 bushings for years and all good. I wonder if someone has discovered or knows of any other OE bushes with a slightly stuffer durometer rubber for our Diff cover

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
            Did you sprinkle the reinforcement plate with fairy dust afterwards?!
            Hahaha no! That was the Christmas lights blinking of happiness 😬

Comment

Finally had them mounted

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	196185

Comment

Originally posted by cdnabroad View Post
                Finally had them mounted

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	196185
                Look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Yes, I have them on one of my M3. Maybe someone else can confirm?
                  I've been running them for at least 5 yrs now...can't really feel any difference over stock.

Comment

I can't believe how many people pay ~$220 more to replace the entire diff cover over e36 bushings when 99% of people wouldn't be able to notice the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                      I can't believe how many people pay ~$220 more to replace the entire diff cover over e36 bushings when 99% of people wouldn't be able to notice the difference.
                      It would be interesting to know the actual difference in durometer and have a video showing the deflection under acceleration of E36 M3 vs E46 M3 bushings.

Comment

It's not rubber, it's foam. Would be cool to know if there were another vehicle (7 or X series) that had an equally firm/durable cover bushing that is available separately, in the same size like E36 m3. Don't know how we'd ever know. And how do we know the E36 version is weaker/less dense than the E46 version? Was it ever confirmed or just a logical assumption being that the E46 is a little heavier/mor powerful?
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          It's not rubber, it's foam. Would be cool to know if there were another vehicle (7 or X series) that had an equally firm/durable cover bushing that is available separately, in the same size like E36 m3. Don't know how we'd ever know. And how do we know the E36 version is weaker/less dense than the E46 version? Was it ever confirmed or just a logical assumption being that the E46 is a little heavier/mor powerful?
                          The side diff bushing press into rear subframe is foam but the 2 bushings in the aluminum cover are rubber from what I can see on the diffs I have at home.

Comment

i've seen old ones with reddish colored, crumbling foam. Similar to bump stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              i've seen old ones with reddish colored, crumbling foam. Similar to bump stops.
                              Actually you are right about this. Not sure why my 2001 has rubber bushings, maybe because early model has the E36 bushing??? Or maybe it was replaced but cover seems original/untouched before I blast it.

Comment

I thought E36 was foam too, but I don't know if people were assuming it's a different (weaker) compound or what. From memory, it is a yellow-ish color where the E46 is more red, or at least the old/worn out ones I see are reddish color.

Comment

Working...
                                X