What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
    I did a salmon relay R&R and what may be my last ever SMG bleed and adaptation procedure. Didn't save me from my not-engaging-second-gear problem. Manual swap here I come.
    Which error code is displayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

Which error code is displayed?
      I don't remember off the top of my head. Something about the gear position reading when reading with INPA. The problem also happens on 2->3 shifts as well.

On an upshift, the shift will occasionally not execute. The ECU then holds the engine RPM at a level that would match the previous gear, clutch stays disengaged (or trans is in N), and the SMG goes totally unresponsive. Have to shut down the car to reset it.

Edit: found a pic I took when I tossed the Foxwell reader on to see what was happening:
      Last edited by nahvkolaj; 11-06-2023, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

I used loctite 9460 and apply a bead all around the seam of the two airbox halves and spread it to ensure all gaps were sealed. I will smoke test it on the weekend to confirm it worked. The epoxy I used has has. 72 hour cure time.
        Thanks! Looking forward to hear back on the results.

Comment

A little RIT goes a long way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6649.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	240870Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6653.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	240869

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post
            A little RIT goes a long way.
            RIT?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

RIT?

maw
              Name of the fabric dye I used for the parcel shelf. Not the best picture but here’s how it looked beforehand.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6676.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	240885
              Last edited by sbay; 11-06-2023, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post

Name of the fabric dye I used for the parcel shelf. Not the best picture but here’s how it looked beforehand.
                Looks great (The after picture)

Did you dye the shelf without removing it?

Comment

That’s what I thought. Looks great… new actually.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Sprp85 View Post

Looks great (The after picture)

Did you dye the shelf without removing it?
                    Thank you!…I saw someone do it once without removing it using index cards and a brush but I ended removing it and using a spray bottle. Plus I wanted to clean the vent (was dusty) and fully clean the rear glass. The job isn’t too hard, just gotta watch out when taking the C pillars off and the rear seat bolsters because the plastic mounting points might break. Otherwise, could be done on a day off.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

RIT?

maw
                      Dye
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post

Thanks! Looking forward to hear back on the results.
                        I finished the sealing. The process was a bit finicky, and you need to be very careful to not spread or put resin where you don't want to, the good news is that when fresh it cleans very easily. I bought the applicator gun, and nozzle, but you can just squeeze the product on a mixing tray and mix with a wooded stick and apply and spread. I bought a small silicon batter spatula, to apply a bead of product on the areas where it leaked I finally used my finger to evenly spread a mix. not that it matters to be super sharp with it, but I did try to no make an f'ing mess. I think I got it all right, this weekend and will smoke testing it again to confirm.

the only downside is that this product dries light gray, it would be perfect if it was black, but again, is inside the box and you wont be able to tell 99% of the time.
                        Last edited by maupineda; 11-06-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

I don't remember off the top of my head. Something about the gear position reading when reading with INPA. The problem also happens on 2->3 shifts as well.

On an upshift, the shift will occasionally not execute. The ECU then holds the engine RPM at a level that would match the previous gear, clutch stays disengaged (or trans is in N), and the SMG goes totally unresponsive. Have to shut down the car to reset it.

Edit: found a pic I took when I tossed the Foxwell reader on to see what was happening:

I'm assuming that Gear recognition sensor SMG 2 suitable is closed!

SMG, M3, E46, BMW, INPA, Gangsensor, Gangerkennungssensor, Wahlwinkelsensor, Fehler, Getriebe, Anlernen, Adabtion, Löschen, neu, Tauschen, Probleme, Reparieren, mForum, AIC-PX, Wahlwinkel, Gangerkennu

sorry is in german

In the video it's third gear, but it doesn't matter! It's usually second or third gear!

I bought it her https://burkhart-engineering.com/sho...-inkl-csl-bmw/

Try soldering the circuit board

Comment

Z4 manual dimming rearview mirror. When it comes to this car, I like simple.

Name:	IMG_4476.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	241044

Name:	IMG_4477.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	241045

Comment

Avedis what was the part number again for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                                Avedis what was the part number again for this?
                                51-16-9-134-400

Comment

Working...
                                X