What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    Got it back on the ground for the first time since November lol. Sadly, there are many small and two somewhat large issues it needs addressed before I can give her a rip. But at least I can move the car to our new house!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8480.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	256718
    I, too, have many small and two somewhat large issues. But fix one, and two more pop up D: lol

Comment

Name:	20240308_121713.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	256969 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240308_143046.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	256970

It's time.
      Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 03-09-2024, 04:22 PM.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

^Very nice. Who are you having do the install?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Fresh View Post
          ^Very nice. Who are you having do the install?
          2M Autowerks. They're only 20 mins from my house and they know their stuff on carbon roofs.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Nothing out of this world, but finally installed the first aid box.​​​​​​​

Name:	IMG_0347.png
Views:	299
Size:	849.7 KB
ID:	257041
            Last edited by maupineda; 03-10-2024, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_4242.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	257062
              Sold my manual E60 M5 for this F80 M3 ZCP finished in Individual Daytona Violet Metallic. DCT, Executive & Lighting Package, and a ton of other options. Car also came already fitted with KW V3, Full bolt-ons, and a stage 2 tune.

In comparison to the E60 M5 I'd say this is a much superior weapon. It handles way better (500lbs lighter and Coilovers vs. Lowering Springs), and it has so much damn torque. DCT is also perfect for these cars, I don't regret not opting for a manual. As far as daily duties go, the E60 had a better sound system and the seats (I had the base comfort seats, not the sport seats) were much more plush and comfortable than the ZCP F8x seats. Gas mileage is vastly superior in the F80.

In comparison to the E46 which isn't going away ever, it's impossibly hard to compare the two. The E46 is raw and analog and you feel everything in that car, whereas the F80 is definitely digital in nearly every sense. The electronic steering isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to complain about. Sport setting is the best-- heavy enough to mimic (but not replace) the feeling of old hydraulic steering. Comfort is too light and Sport+ is annoyingly heavy. The KW V3 wake the F80 up 100%. Stock they still feel boaty (which is crazy coming from a former E60 owner) but with the coilovers this car handles just as good as my E46 (on KW V2), if not better. The F80 is only about 100lbs heavier than the E46 if most of you didn't know. The tune also plays a big part in waking the F80 up.

All in all I'm very happy with the car so far and look forward to driving it alongside the E46 and comparing the two.
              2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by inline.6 View Post

I, too, have many small and two somewhat large issues. But fix one, and two more pop up D: lol
                Yea, true, the list never gets any shorter. What's on it just changes lol.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

Name:	IMG_4242.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	257062
                  Sold my manual E60 M5 for this F80 M3 ZCP finished in Individual Daytona Violet Metallic. DCT, Executive & Lighting Package, and a ton of other options. Car also came already fitted with KW V3, Full bolt-ons, and a stage 2 tune.

In comparison to the E60 M5 I'd say this is a much superior weapon. It handles way better (500lbs lighter and Coilovers vs. Lowering Springs), and it has so much damn torque. DCT is also perfect for these cars, I don't regret not opting for a manual. As far as daily duties go, the E60 had a better sound system and the seats (I had the base comfort seats, not the sport seats) were much more plush and comfortable than the ZCP F8x seats. Gas mileage is vastly superior in the F80.

In comparison to the E46 which isn't going away ever, it's impossibly hard to compare the two. The E46 is raw and analog and you feel everything in that car, whereas the F80 is definitely digital in nearly every sense. The electronic steering isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to complain about. Sport setting is the best-- heavy enough to mimic (but not replace) the feeling of old hydraulic steering. Comfort is too light and Sport+ is annoyingly heavy. The KW V3 wake the F80 up 100%. Stock they still feel boaty (which is crazy coming from a former E60 owner) but with the coilovers this car handles just as good as my E46 (on KW V2), if not better. The F80 is only about 100lbs heavier than the E46 if most of you didn't know. The tune also plays a big part in waking the F80 up.

All in all I'm very happy with the car so far and look forward to driving it alongside the E46 and comparing the two.
                  Congrats! Fantastic color. If you ever decide to sell in the future, please keep me in mind.
                  BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Wow! Daytona Violet Metallic is stunning MTiz! Congratulations! And I agree with what you say about the e60m5 vs f80, having owned both as well.
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Did a detailling job on my LSB. Still have to paint diffuser and MEC CSL bumper and do touch up but look way better than before
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4242.jpg Views:	122 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	257062

I had an F80 as well. What you say of it are completely true.

i love the e46 m3 as its analog and fun in so many ways the f80 wasn’t.

I sold the f80 and I’ll never sell the e46

i kind of want to buy lots of e46 m3s.
                        Last edited by jpy1980; 03-12-2024, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Replaced the bi-xenon headlight bulbs. I noticed they've been flickering a bit more and with the extra daylight in the afternoon, I finally decided to change them out after work. This morning I noticed no more flickering and they seemed to be brighter. I replaced them with Philips standard xenon bulbs, which I bought back in 2018 and promptly misplaced in my room lol.
                          "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                          ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                            i kind of want to buy lots of e46 m3s.
                            I have that problem...
                            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Getting my new exhaust installed at EAS (Eisenmann sport) and a new M2 parked next to me. Never saw one in person and I thought they were the baby M cars but look how big it looks next to my car! Jeez.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Guys, what’s the best urethane to glue my engine mounts back together?
                                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                                X