No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test fit a LTW style wing off eBay and sent it off for paint. IG: @joshtaylorusa

Comment

Got my AC system evacuated and recharged. Love that my 17 year old system is running great after a simple service.

Comment

I let these run their course for 2 reasons, 1) They're an easy roadside fix if needed, and 2) I frankly wanted to see how long they'd go before one crapped out. The answer for me is 19 years, 4 months, 1 day, and 157,062 miles for the first one. Now it's happy with 6 new Eldor units and a fresh set of NGKs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Welded 'stealth bar' into the trunk to attach rear subframe mounts directly to chassis rails - thus eliminating the possibility of the dreaded RACP ('subframe') cracking

Click image for larger version

Name:	StealthBar.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	39926
          Attached Files

Comment

Decided to give it a nice wash and detail today
            11 E90 M3 Alpine White
            96 FJ80 Black
            05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)​
            86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
            89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
            02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Installed Eventuri intake. Not sure if I feel or hear any difference but it’s some nice bling for the engine bay.
              Attached Files

Comment

Made another round trip from Norcal to Socal and back.

On both ways I got an error code for "Lambda Sensor 2 Before Cat". Weird thing is the code only pops when I'm driving around on the street, not while I'm cruising on the freeway.

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-05 215719.png
Views:	584
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	40321
                I'm guessing the pre-cat O2 sensor is starting to go out? I have euro headers and euro section 1/cats professionally installed by TechCraft.

"your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

How can you not? Loud sect3? It's loudest in 3rd or 4th gear, around 4k, flog it
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Took mine on a grocery run:

Name:	50069425721_0273a77085_z.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	40344

And decided to make my own 4th of July parade, even though I was facing the flow of traffic:

Name:	50082369048_d3ce81c278_c.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	40345

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                    2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                    My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

ordered some new track pads to replace one that exploded on my on track.

and also upgraded my DME to a CSL firmware and already the idle feels far better with the IAT/MAP sensors enabled. no more idle hunt from an alpha n tune.
                      Attached Files
                      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

New battery time. Old one conked out after 18 years lol. Not bad. Replaced with BMW CSL sized battery.
                        Side note, I broke my remote key the other day so i figured let me replace the battery while its open (and I was having lock/unlock issues). Before I did that I wanted to check voltage. Believe it or not, the old key battery had a full 3.3 volts so I left it alone. Re-flowed the contacts and it seems to be fine now (though I suspect my GM5 is acting up). The metal key portion has no contacts to recharge it (as legend has it) but it could be a primitive wireless charger
                        Last edited by Icecream; 01-09-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
                          The metal key portion has no contacts to recharge it (as legend has it) but it could be a primitive wireless charger
                          I've heard it has a rotor weight inside so that it charges when you walk with it in your pocket, just like an automatic watch does.

In all seriousness, EWS works in a similar way to wireless charging, so if anything is charging the key, it's probably that antenna.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I've heard it has a rotor weight inside so that it charges when you walk with it in your pocket, just like an automatic watch does.

In all seriousness, EWS works in a similar way to wireless charging, so if anything is charging the key, it's probably that antenna.
                            Has to be it. It did have a large antenna inside that could work for it.
                            Last edited by Icecream; 01-09-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Just did Beisan VANOS bulletproofing along with an alarm coding and install, done by @thereliablem3. All done in my garage, similar to how I used to get work done from kaiv all the time 😅

On another note, last valve adjustment was done by kaiv at 89k miles, now at 119k and still all in spec, which is great as always. Hub was still intact, broken exhaust guide.

Name:	A83A2873-99EF-4000-9CB8-E0A182952845.jpeg
Views:	673
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	41034

Attached Files
                              2002 BMW M3 Coupe Jet Black/Black
                              2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+ Deep Blue Metallic/White

Comment

Checked for vacuum leaks with smoke tester. Found hose between PCV solenoid to the vacuum pipe was leaking. Deleted PCV solenoid, coded PCV solenoid out of the tune, reflashed the tune, installed PCV pipe from old M3. Problem solved.

If anyone needs a PCV pipe with the solenoid on it PM me. Worked fine just needs some vacuum hose. I have been meaning to delete for a while now just for simplicity's sake.

Setup Quick Jack. Got mad at Quick Jack support. Quick Jack made it right. All is right with the world. Now I gotta figure out what to do to the car that requires it to be in the air...

Comment

Working...
                                X