What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTriece View Post
    Installed Coby Wheel and wrapped lower trim to match Titan Shadow. 3M Matte Charcoal Metallic is a 99% match!
    Very nice! Im on line to get mine wrapped in a couple weeks. Is that the grey alcantara? I think i chose the same config as you

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Very nice! Im on line to get mine wrapped in a couple weeks. Is that the grey alcantara? I think i chose the same config as you
      Yes. It's the 9002. Looks black until you flip it over and see the contrast with the wheel body. Then It's for sure Grey. Looks exactly like the factory color.

Comment

My eventuri intake arrived along with my c column โ€œbatwingโ€ repair kit for my convertible top. New headliner should be here tomorrow

Comment

Got halfway through the Beisan VANOS protocol... finally managed to coax the new oil pump disc back into the housing after a couple failed attempts. I swear the hardest part so far was getting all the plastic shroud bits out of the way at the beginning, fucking plastic rivets.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Valve adjustment and Vanos.

Comment

On Wednesday, I dropped off my M3 at Stevens Creek BMW to get the airbag recall done. They gave me a 2021 330i loaner for the afternoon.

Initial impressions of the G20 330i: it was tech overload for me when I got into it but I could see how one of these would make a nice daily driver. It's isolated in a luxury car sort of way but the suspension still had a firm feel to it. The EPS was ok; it was light in Comfort mode and heavier in Sport, but missing the feel of a hydraulic rack. The engine, which was unexpectedly raucous though expected since being a 4-cylinder that it is, felt smooth with a broad powerband.

After I picked up the car, I proceeded to get hit by a piece of retread kicked up a truck in front of me, knocking out my front driver side fog light.

Today, I made another trip down to SoCal. Car now has 254k miles on it. No SES lights but the TPMS light did come on during this trip. I've been noticing it tends to come on when I slow down for traffic.
              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Finally fixed my front diff mount issue permanently (I hope).

When I did plates on my car, I stripped the front diff bolt putting it back in the car (I like to tell myself it was already loose and was rattling around so it wasn't really my fault). Bought a timesert kit and fixed it that way. Worked fine for a while but the inserts would keep backing out. I'd be changing them once every six months or so.

Now I'm installing a vincebar so I decided to fix it correctly. The mount in the diff was absolutely destroyed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201102_192625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	66352

Not sure if I messed up the timesert install (quite likely since I did everything without a drill press) or if the insert just wasn't strong enough and gave up.

The old destroyed hole measured in at 17mm at its widest point, so the smallest bolt I could get in there was an M20. Decided on an M20x2.5 which makes the stock bolt look like a toy lol:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201106_180012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.7 KB ID:	66353

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Drilled and tapped the diff and bought a new diff bushing to drill for the M20 bolt:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	66354Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	66355
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	66356โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                Plan on torquing the bolt to 285 Nm to achieve the same clamping force as the original bolt. Hoping this fix lasts forever.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                  Finally fixed my front diff mount issue permanently (I hope).

When I did plates on my car, I stripped the front diff bolt putting it back in the car (I like to tell myself it was already loose and was rattling around so it wasn't really my fault). Bought a timesert kit and fixed it that way. Worked fine for a while but the inserts would keep backing out. I'd be changing them once every six months or so.

Now I'm installing a vincebar so I decided to fix it correctly. The mount in the diff was absolutely destroyed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201102_192625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	66352

Not sure if I messed up the timesert install (quite likely since I did everything without a drill press) or if the insert just wasn't strong enough and gave up.

The old destroyed hole measured in at 17mm at its widest point, so the smallest bolt I could get in there was an M20. Decided on an M20x2.5 which makes the stock bolt look like a toy lol:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201106_180012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.7 KB ID:	66353

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Drilled and tapped the diff and bought a new diff bushing to drill for the M20 bolt:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	66354Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	66355
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_181601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	66356โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                  Plan on torquing the bolt to 285 Nm to achieve the same clamping force as the original bolt. Hoping this fix lasts forever.
                  Mine was backing out on the regular as well. Red loctite was the eventual cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Mine was backing out on the regular as well. Red loctite was the eventual cure.

Yeah blue loctite did nothing to stop mine from backing out. Unfortunately the hole was too messed up to keep using the stock bolt so I had to go to a bigger one.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah blue loctite did nothing to stop mine from backing out. Unfortunately the hole was too messed up to keep using the stock bolt so I had to go to a bigger one.
                      Yup totally agree. But may want to consider threadlocker even with the bigger bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Yup totally agree. But may want to consider threadlocker even with the bigger bolt.

Yeah good call. Was planning on adding blue loctite, but might go to red just to make sure it doesn't back out again.

Comment

90% done with the trunk install, nice fix heinz^

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_201523.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	66388
                          Attached Files
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            90% done with the trunk install, nice fix heinz^

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_201523.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	66388
                            Nice, me too.

Comment

Went into limp mode in the first 2 min on the road, plugged the TPS back in after my dumb ass left it unplugged while doing an oil filter change... made it through all the VANOS bulletproofing flawlessly only to do stupid shit like this ๐Ÿ™„
                              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                                Went into limp mode in the first 2 min on the road, plugged the TPS back in after my dumb ass left it unplugged while doing an oil filter change... made it through all the VANOS bulletproofing flawlessly only to do stupid shit like this ๐Ÿ™„
                                I've done that as well...
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X