What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

I've had my kit for weeks now....I don't look forward to spending the time to take apart the panels...
    I hear ya. One of those jobs where you don’t want to break stuff so you have to go slow.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I hear ya. One of those jobs where you don’t want to break stuff so you have to go slow.
      It's honestly not so much the breaking stuff part. It's just knowing it's going to take like half the day...

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

It's honestly not so much the breaking stuff part. It's just knowing it's going to take like half the day...
        and it takes half a day so you don't break stuff lol. get some extra door clips before you start.

Did my high pressure vanos line after it blew on the way to the grocery store and required yet another tow. My oil level sensor also went out apparently so I changed that too since I never got a low oil light, incredibly lucky my drive was short and I didn't run out of oil (just got back from a 600 mile trip too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

and it takes half a day so you don't break stuff lol. get some extra door clips before you start.

Did my high pressure vanos line after it blew on the way to the grocery store and required yet another tow. My oil level sensor also went out apparently so I changed that too since I never got a low oil light, incredibly lucky my drive was short and I didn't run out of oil (just got back from a 600 mile trip too lol.
          noted!

Comment

Damn dude I'm glad you caught that before it messed up your engine.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Bought a black center console and arm rest for upcoming interior swap. One piece at a time 🙂
              Attached Files
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                Bought a black center console and arm rest for upcoming interior swap. One piece at a time 🙂
                Which reminds me, I need to sell my old center console and armrest that have been sitting in my storage for months now..

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Damn dude I'm glad you caught that before it messed up your engine.
                  Yeah me too! The whole story is actually worse but I'm too ashamed to post it lol!

Comment

Yeah me too! The whole story is actually worse but I'm too ashamed to post it lol!
                    Sounds like you have to tell it now.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Finally got around to spraying my euro-spec bumper yesterday. Hopefully will have it installed this afternoon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Which reminds me, I need to sell my old center console and armrest that have been sitting in my storage for months now..
                        I would've bought it! Should be an easy sale, they go quick when posted up.
                        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post
                          Finally got around to spraying my euro-spec bumper yesterday. Hopefully will have it installed this afternoon.
                          Bye bye reflectors. Now I gotta wash the dirty thing. It's a pretty decent match, but the rest of the car is so dirty it makes it look off.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rhythim; 11-24-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post

Bye bye reflectors. Now I gotta wash the dirty thing. It's a pretty decent match, but the rest of the car is so dirty it makes it look off.
                            Good paint correction on the rest of the car and I say you are probably good to go. What brand paint did you use just out of curiosity?
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Good paint correction on the rest of the car and I say you are probably good to go. What brand paint did you use just out of curiosity?
                              Wish it was that "easy"..lol. It's been polished so many times there isn't a whole lot of paint left on it, and the leading edges of the hood and fenders have their share of road rash. Daily driver usage on I-24 for 4 years takes its toll. I honestly need to paint the whole car, but the '67 Mustang I have on the rotisserie comes first.

I used a PPG urethane base, with Keystone's house-branded 2K urethane "Euro clear". It's a Cumberland product that really lays a nice wet finish down. Same thing I painted the hardtop with a couple years ago. I work for LKQ/Keystone corporate and we have a warehouse location right down the road from the office, so I have a pretty good selection of products to choose from.
                              Last edited by Rhythim; 11-25-2020, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Swapped out to aluminum trim

Comment

Working...
                                X