No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never been so happy to receive a set of carpets. Even scored the OEM trunk mat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I know this is different between the sedan and coupe, but are you saying there are only a couple points of contact between the bow and the pillar (where the spot welds are)? Looking at pictures of the bows makes it seem like most of the surface area on the "ears" of the bow comes into contact with the pillar, as they look contoured to match.

Rivets would only be used to hold the bow and ensure that the epoxy dries at its optimal thickness for max strength, so those wouldn't really be structural once everything is cured. If there's enough of a contact patch, couldn't you just drill the holes for the rivets in places that don't interfere with the existing spot welds?
      Yes you are correct Coupe and sedan bars do have flat mating services. You could drill different holes for the rivets if you wanted to You just need to make sure to avoid the spot welds that are behind the support bar so you don't drill through them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
        I’ve never been so happy to receive a set of carpets. Even scored the OEM trunk mat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Where did you find the trunk mat?

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
          Yes you are correct Coupe and sedan bars do have flat mating services. You could drill different holes for the rivets if you wanted to You just need to make sure to avoid the spot welds that are behind the support bar so you don't drill through them.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it more when I (eventually) do my carbon roof. Super tempting to do epoxy since I don't have to get a welder to come out, but we'll see.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
            Pulled off the roof skin in preparation for the sedan carbon fiber roof

Sweet man!!! Did you remove the F+R glass yourself? Where in the ATL are you located?

Comment

No I have a friend that runs a auto glass business I had him come out and remove the front and rear glass for me.

I'm located in Lawrenceville Suwanee area which is about 45 minutes from north of Atlanta off 85.

Comment

Clutch bushings, bronze.
                PIA, but a necessity.
                2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Finished splitting my O2 harness and re-routed the rear sensors to follow the fuel lines and connect with my new Supersprint Section 1 cats.
                  '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                  '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                    Clutch bushings, bronze.
                    PIA, but a necessity.
                    Did you do brake pedal too?
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Nope, brake seems good.
                      clutch was horrendous, a he## of a lot of side play. No difficulty telling the difference b4 and after.
                      2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Ya it's nice with the bronze in. I even got rid of my Mason clutch pedal as stock was perfect with the new bushings.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Break in period for the new 3.91 diff is over so I dumped in some more liquid gold.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

These bad boys arrived yesterday and got them installed today
                            Went for a joyride. Nice weather too

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	91307 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1788.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	91308 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1789.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	91309

Comment

Measured an abysmal 40bar of pressure at vanos after it was fully rebuilt, meh.

Name:	20210313_143550.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	91321
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                                Measured an abysmal 40bar of pressure at vanos after it was fully rebuilt, meh.

Name:	20210313_143550.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	91321
                                What's the healthy/normal pressure range? This is my next major maintenance item to be addressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X