This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
    Car started making a whining sound when turning steering wheel when starting up or pulling into a parking spot (very low speed). May be a pump complaining. Can't tell for sure. Any thoughts on what it could be?
    low fluid or baad pump

Comment

My dead pedal has seen better days. I'm hesitant to get one with the trim because who knows how well the grey trim colors will match up.

Can I get just the actual metallic piece with the rubber pad on it? Does that pedal itself come off the trim piece? I see some for some sale on ebay, but they talk about tabs being broken.

Comment

When flushing the old 2 y/o OEM coolant, how much coolant is needed ? Would a gallon suffice ? I’m going to place an order through FCP this week.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
          When flushing the old 2 y/o OEM coolant, how much coolant is needed ? Would a gallon suffice ? I’m going to place an order through FCP this week.

Thanks.
          I think if you drain everything (including the engine block) then it takes around 8-10L of diluted coolant (1:1 coolant to water) to refill. The OEM coolant is in 3.8L jugs so you'll need to get two....unless you have the half filled one from the last time.....

Comment

So my driver seat is getting pretty worn out. I very much regret not doing an interior swap to something more exciting than blah gray, but I don't know that i want to sink my respray budget into a new interior.

With that said...when folks have re-skinned their seats, do you also have the upholstery place do the padding as well? After sitting in this thing for the last 16 or so years i imagine my ass has done a number on it. Would i need to source the padding from FCP, ECS, etc. or is that something a good upholstery place can do on their own?

Comment

Originally posted by M3Bob View Post
              So my driver seat is getting pretty worn out. I very much regret not doing an interior swap to something more exciting than blah gray, but I don't know that i want to sink my respray budget into a new interior.

With that said...when folks have re-skinned their seats, do you also have the upholstery place do the padding as well? After sitting in this thing for the last 16 or so years i imagine my ass has done a number on it. Would i need to source the padding from FCP, ECS, etc. or is that something a good upholstery place can do on their own?
              The upholstery place can add foam to the areas where it has worn.

Comment

When I reply to a thread on this forum, will I automatically be “subscribed“ to that thread?

Comment

Originally posted by nyc951 View Post
                  When I reply to a thread on this forum, will I automatically be “subscribed“ to that thread?
                  No - only if you hit the "subscribed" button. You will receive notifications for the post if someone quotes you in a reply.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 5.24.37 PM.png
Views:	270
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	230300
                  Attached Files
                  '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

No - only if you hit the "subscribed" button. You will receive notifications for the post if someone quotes you in a reply.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 5.24.37 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	230300
                    I see. I think it’ll be helpful to have the option to automatically subscribe to a thread when you reply to it. Also, provide a list view of all of the threads you subscribed to (unless that’s already provided - I couldn’t find it using my phone).

These two options really help me keep track of my areas of interest on another forum I’ve frequented over the years.
                    Last edited by nyc951; 08-23-2023, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc951 View Post
                      Open the dropdown under your username in the top right > User Settings > Notifications > Check "Subscribe when Posting"

Subscriptions show up under Notifications.
                      2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

Open the dropdown under your username in the top right > User Settings > Notifications > Check "Subscribe when Posting"

Subscriptions show up under Notifications.
                        That almost worked for me, but knowing that feature existed led me to keep digging. Go to the Notifications drop down at the top > Message Center > Notifications>Notifications settings > click on the “Subscribe when posting” box.

Comment

Is it normal for a CSL converted car to throw P0411 - Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow code? When I go back to the regular tune, I don’t see the code. With the CSL base tune, sometimes it does that at cold start.
                          2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                          Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                          SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                          ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                          Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
                            Is it normal for a CSL converted car to throw P0411 - Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow code? When I go back to the regular tune, I don’t see the code. With the CSL base tune, sometimes it does that at cold start.
                            You should use Martyn's binary modification tool and make sure that SAP delete box is indeed checked if you haven't already.

It's weird that the CSL tune has DTC for secondary air as I can't imagine a smog pump on a CSL car, but I don't fully understand what does and doesn't get changed when flashing a DME with a CSL tune either.
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

You should use Martyn's binary modification tool and make sure that SAP delete box is indeed checked if you haven't already.

It's weird that the CSL tune has DTC for secondary air as I can't imagine a smog pump on a CSL car, but I don't fully understand what does and doesn't get changed when flashing a DME with a CSL tune either.
                              CSLs still came with a SAP, so functionality for it is still there in the DME. The SAP delete is only needed if you've removed it from your car.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

EDIT: This may be my fault ordering the wrong part...

I ordered/received: 51718208483

I placed a new order for: 51718232894

Has anyone else replaced a windshield cowl lately only to find that it is too short width wise?

I hope to get a piece that works comming from FCP but fear that this is just how they are made now. Very unfortunate as if you are detail oriented this piece looks absolutely terrible.

Sorry in advance for the photos as I'm sure some will be 90° but you will get the idea.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182357.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	230923 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	230918 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182919.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	230920 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182929.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	230919
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182948.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	230921 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_182941.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	230922
                                Last edited by Cubieman; 08-27-2023, 04:10 PM.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X