This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Post cats have 72k on them but aren't aren't being read from.
    I'll have to get it up in the air and check the O2 wires, but I seem to remember doing a pretty decent job making sure the O2 wiring was routed and fastened as to melt on the headers etc.
    I suppose it's not out of the question a newer O2 sensor could be bad.
    My bet is on the rear O2 sensors just being bad. 72k miles is well beyond their lifetime IMO. Even if that isn't the problem I would consider replacing them preventively.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
      There are two different sets of c-clip/body nuts on the front support plate (3 each), that connect the under carriage diaper and other trim. One set is for short 10mm head screws and their other for 8mm screws. Anybody have the part numbers for each of these nuts? Mines are all stripped out and I can't find the PN. The initial parts I bought from FCP are incorrect. TIA!

It's not the -767 part no. 4 all around?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230806_215509_Chrome.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	228146

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

It's not the -767 part no. 4 all around?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230806_215509_Chrome.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	228146
        Unfortunately not. That was one of the part numbers I ordered from referencing the same diagram and it wasn't correct.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I'm looking for those c-clip nuts as well but I dont think they have their own part number. I'm probably just going to replace them with a generic version from the autoparts store.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
            I'm looking for those c-clip nuts as well but I dont think they have their own part number. I'm probably just going to replace them with a generic version from the autoparts store.
            I'm open to that solution as well. Be sure to report back if you find some that are compatible!

Comment

Great question Cubieman! I have the same question!

Comment

I'm going to start working on some interior projects tomorrow, including re-upholstering my headliner. I have the fabric from veteran, and the spray adhesive they recommended me.

What's the easiest method to get off old foam and crud left from the old fabric? I know the surface needs to be clean in order for the adhesive to stick. Are there any specific things I need to do aside from make sure as much of the old foam is cleaned off as possible?

Is there a good comprehensive DIY for this job? There must be...
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

What's the easiest method to get off old foam and crud left from the old fabric? I know the surface needs to be clean in order for the adhesive to stick. Are there any specific things I need to do aside from make sure as much of the old foam is cleaned off as possible?

Is there a good comprehensive DIY for this job? There must be...
                  Handheld brass brushes (HF calls them "detail" brushes) and drill brushes will make scraping the old foam/glue off the headliner pretty easy. Got to be careful with the drill, though. If you use too much force the drill will want to spin out of your hand. Way too much force could damage your headliner, I guess.

As far as DIY's go, I got a lot out of "The Lucky Needle" on YouTube. They have a playlist with detailed steps on how to reupholster an e90, but the knowledge is mostly transferrable.

You really want to take your time everywhere, but especially the front. It's crucial to press every square mm of the fabric on to the headliner, otherwise you'll get a sag. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Thank you!
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

duracellttu Cubieman jayjaya29

I don't know what the ones on your car look like, but based on the diagram, this may be it? Don't quote me on it. BMW seem to use this part on a ton of different models.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/07129904150/ (this one says its for 8mm and 9mm, Body nut used to attach underbody shields to the car.)

or

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/07129904220/

If you search "BMW body nut" on Turner there are a ton of different options. Maybe pull the one from your car and visually compare what you see on screen?
                      Last edited by Avedis; 08-11-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Does the dashboard lower ash tray cover spring open when pressed in, just like the sunglass holder cover above it? Just confirming mine is broken and they're not actually this way when working right. Mine has to be pressed at the top to rotate it open.

Comment

Here is my dumb question.

(FYI - ‘05 M3 has AA headers and Hassan’s tune with a CSL box on MAP sensor)

I live in CT, having trouble passing emissions. We’re allowed to have 1 OBD monitor be “not ready”… currently I have 2 : the Secondary Air Pump (SAP) and Oxygen Sensors

I thought the tune would set the SAP as “not available” but keeps reading “not ready”, thus fails. Does it matter that the actual unit/hardware is still installed or am I missing something?

OR does anyone know of a SAP simulator I could buy which makes it read as “ready”?

Thanks
                          Last edited by Advorsor; 08-13-2023, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
                            Does the dashboard lower ash tray cover spring open when pressed in, just like the sunglass holder cover above it? Just confirming mine is broken and they're not actually this way when working right. Mine has to be pressed at the top to rotate it open.
                            yes, you should be able to push slightly down on the bottom of it (where the silver accent piece is) and it will slowly rise open.

Comment

Originally posted by Advorsor View Post
                              Here is my dumb question.

(FYI - ‘05 M3 has AA headers and Hassan’s tune with a CSL box on MAP sensor)

I live in CT, having trouble passing emissions. We’re allowed to have 1 OBD monitor be “not ready”… currently I have 2 : the Secondary Air Pump (SAP) and Oxygen Sensors

I thought the tune would set the SAP as “not available” but keeps reading “not ready”, thus fails. Does it matter that the actual unit/hardware is still installed or am I missing something?

OR does anyone know of a SAP simulator I could buy which makes it read as “ready”?

Thanks
                              I had an issue with this for CA smog. I turned off the SAP via Martyn's tool and the monitor wasn't listed as ready. If you still have SAP connected, I would maybe just use Martyn's tool to turn it back on.

I don't have any info on a simulator.

Comment

Car started making a whining sound when turning steering wheel when starting up or pulling into a parking spot (very low speed). May be a pump complaining. Can't tell for sure. Any thoughts on what it could be?
                                2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                                Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                                SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                                ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                                Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Working...
                                X