This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
    Bought a CSL airbox and I'm missing the hardware screws to attach the base the intake. Looking to buy black screws. Is this the correct part number and hardware size?

07119905016- M5X12

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 8.57.45 PM.png
Views:	375
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	233635
    So the hardware to join the two halves of the airbox?

My Karb box came with black allen head bolts, not sure if they have a washer like the P/N you listed, but also are likely not OEM hardware.

The bolts you listed are silver in color FWIW, you mentioned you wanted black.

As far as the size is concerned M5 sounds right and realoem lists it as the correct part. If you want black you may need get them thorough McMaster-Carr or maybe even a local hardware store.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

So the hardware to join the two halves of the airbox?

My Karb box came with black allen head bolts, not sure if they have a washer like the P/N you listed, but also are likely not OEM hardware.

The bolts you listed are silver in color FWIW, you mentioned you wanted black.

As far as the size is concerned M5 sounds right and realoem lists it as the correct part. If you want black you may need get them thorough McMaster-Carr or maybe even a local hardware store.
      Thanks for your input. Off to Ace tomorrow to see what I can put together. Airbox didn’t come with the 4 screws or the BMW M Power sticker 😂
      '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Need some help.

Reinstalling the radiator after removing most of the front fascia of the car for the catcam install. Needed to slide out the rocker arm shafts etc. Now installing the radiator and I can for the fuking life of me get it to seat properly. Bottom is flush with the condenser but top side its not and its a bit high too so the torx screw holes do not mount up. I've tried moving around the rad support, unscrewing it. Screwing in the top of the rad first then trying to put the bottom (doesnt work). Just frustrated right now, I cant stand not having stuff fit perfectly back in so I gotta stop before i break something.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	234146

Cant get it to seat there properly. Pic for reference, my shit is spotless.

Edit: figured it out. Condenser has to lower tabs and they have special recepticles they must slot in, they're were not spotted. Was a bitch to get them in especially passenger side.
        Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 09-17-2023, 04:03 PM.
        2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
        M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

What OE rear sway bar bushing is everyone using? realoem says to use 21.5mm bushing. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_1080

FCP lists fitment for a 22mm "CSL" bushing for much less $. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...z4-33552282682

Will the 22mm bushings work or is the .5mm difference not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
            What OE rear sway bar bushing is everyone using? realoem says to use 21.5mm bushing. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_1080

FCP lists fitment for a 22mm "CSL" bushing for much less $. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...z4-33552282682

Will the 22mm bushings work or is the .5mm difference not acceptable.
            I would recommend going with the bushings that properly fit your sway bar. The bushings are made to fit snug on the sway bar. A 0.5mm difference will make a big difference even though it doesn't sound like it.
            /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Does someone know what the mounting hardware is for Vorshlag camber plates and rear shock mounts? (on ohlins r&t)

I'd need to know exact specs for the 2 strut top mount nuts, the 2 rear shock mount screws (shock to shock mount) the 4 rear shock mount nuts (shock mount to car body). The latter is probably an M8 self-locking nut?
              Last edited by E46m3zcp; 09-19-2023, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Can you replace the diff cover without dropping the diff? Seems possible, just wondering if anyone has done it.

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                  Can you replace the diff cover without dropping the diff? Seems possible, just wondering if anyone has done it.
                  I haven't personally done it, by my indy BMW shop had to drop the diff to replace the cover on my car, and after studying the work, I can agree with that. If someone else says otherwise, I'd like understand more. Great question.

EDIT--I also had the FWD diff bushing replaced at the same time, so not sure if that alters the assumptions here.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I haven't personally done it, by my indy BMW shop had to drop the diff to replace the cover on my car, and after studying the work, I can agree with that. If someone else says otherwise, I'd like understand more. Great question.

EDIT--I also had the FWD diff bushing replaced at the same time, so not sure if that alters the assumptions here.
                    Front bushing is new. Playing around replacing poly bushings and did that one first. Didn't have everything to do the rear/cover at the time so I left it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                      Yes, the top bolts are a tight squeeze but a socket cap from harbor freight makes it easier.

I have the CMP S.F bushings and those make even less space but it is still possible, just know you won't be able to accurately torque the top most bolts very easily.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Is there only 1 silver interior trim color that’s not Brushed Aluminum? Are Titan Shadow and Titan interchangeable? I see some pictures of what looks like a lighter silver trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
                          Is there only 1 silver interior trim color that’s not Brushed Aluminum? Are Titan Shadow and Titan interchangeable? I see some pictures of what looks like a lighter silver trim.
                          These pictures might help make my point better. Same part #. FCP's picture looks much darker than ECS's. Is this just a trick of the light?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	FCP.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	234798 Click image for larger version

Name:	ECS.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	234799

Comment

What is the hose clamp for the intake plenum that goes on the plenum side of the boot? Can I use worm style? I've read some topics some say you shouldn't because thermal expansion etc.

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
                              What is the hose clamp for the intake plenum that goes on the plenum side of the boot? Can I use worm style? I've read some topics some say you shouldn't because thermal expansion etc.
                              The best ones are the OE ones. If you buy the right tool they are very easy to get on and off. I find it best to install plenum side boots off the car first. Then the TB side on the car. Its much easier if you move the air tube out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

The best ones are the OE ones. If you buy the right tool they are very easy to get on and off. I find it best to install plenum side boots off the car first. Then the TB side on the car. Its much easier if you move the air tube out of the way.
                                He mentioned the plenum side which has the single-use ear clamp style hose clamps. They can be bent back and reused, but it takes some effort. The throttle body side are the reusable ones.

simonnim The worm style clamps will work, but you have to be careful how much you tighten the clamps. Either use a screw driver by feel or the torque limiting extension that stops at 1 NM of torque. Gemi/Norma (OEM for BMW) makes a 60-80mm clamp that fits this application - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/hos...emi-hc-60-80-9

The S65 uses worm clamps on the airbox side.
                                Last edited by Slideways; 09-22-2023, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X