This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    Can someone confirm the thread pitch of the m7 cylinder head studs?
    If you mean the exhaust manifold studs those are M7X1.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
      What is the recommended lube for fuel injector o-rings? I have seen everything from spit,oil,Vaseline and so on and so forth. About to replace my injectors here soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I like to use this stuff on my o-rings, but not 100% sure if it's okay for fuel injectors. I think it should be fine since it's non-curing silicone but maybe need to do some more research.

Oh yeah, thanks again for the exhaust man!!!
      /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

If you mean the exhaust manifold studs those are M7X1.
        Sorry yes that's what I meant, thanks for reading my mind 😎
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

ICV - replace it, or is cleaning it good enough? Getting parts together for my airbox install and want to refresh the ICV and TPS while I'm at it.

'02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
            ICV - replace it, or is cleaning it good enough? Getting parts together for my airbox install and want to refresh the ICV and TPS while I'm at it.

Cleaning should be just fine.

Instagram

Comment

Cleaning should be just fine.
              I wonder - does the sensor end that plugs in ever go bad? I likely have the original and don’t want to have to remove the airbox to get to it. Is the ICV known for failing electronically or just the mechanic issues caused by gumming up?

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

I wonder - does the sensor end that plugs in ever go bad? I likely have the original and don’t want to have to remove the airbox to get to it. Is the ICV known for failing electronically or just the mechanic issues caused by gumming up?
                The ICV is really just known for getting gummed up, you can just brake clean it.
                I guess I have never heard of anyone replacing them for preventative reasons but I'm a guy that has 1/2 a car in parts I'll likely never use down in the basement so I now all about just replacing things.

Instagram

Comment

The ICV is really just known for getting gummed up, you can just brake clean it.
                  I guess I have never heard of anyone replacing them for preventative reasons but I'm a guy that has 1/2 a car in parts I'll likely never use down in the basement so I now all about just replacing things.
                  hahaha! man...all these parts going NLA has me buying and hoarding parts in case I need them down the road. Thanks for your input 🤝

Comment

Looking for the P/N for this phillips head plastic screw/rivet that secures the bumper to the lower wheel well covering.
                    Cannot seem to find this listed on real OEM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231001_204751.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	236181 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231001_204758.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	236180

Instagram

Comment

Considering importing a car from Canada. Anyone have experience importing or recommendations for a import broker?
                      2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                      Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                      Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Looking for the P/N for this phillips head plastic screw/rivet that secures the bumper to the lower wheel well covering.
                        Cannot seem to find this listed on real OEM.
                        I don't think that's the OE part? Usually its just one of these 51118174185

Comment

If you change the front strut tower brace to a new one, do you have to get an alignment?

edit: "brace"
                          Last edited by rGTIedge; 10-04-2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Yes, but I suspect you don't mean the actual tower, do you mean the bar/brace?

If the car is on the ground, you should be able to preserve camber/caster while swapping the brace.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

​Does anyone know the part numbers of these two beauty covers? Having trouble finding on realoem

Edit found em:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by bavarian3; 10-05-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I will be replacing my diff bushings soon. Does anyone have a parts number last handy of the diff bolts & nuts I will need to replace while doing the bushings? I looked on realoem and didn’t find much success, I also remember some of the bolts being updated which was not reflected in realoem.

Comment

Working...
                                X