X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
    It’s plastic and super light.

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
    I think bavarian is talking about the aluminum belly pan. Its not heavy, per se, but it is quite strong. The PO of my car took it on (what I presume to be) an off road adventure that significantly dented the aluminum pan, it did not crack and I was able to hammer the dent out without any ill effects. Its quite rugged.
    Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

The turner one is aluminum, but I think he's actually referring to the plastic belly pan since that's what the turner piece replaces.

I've dealt with the turner one, not a good part imo - super heavy.

Stock is best here. Or even a cheap (Uro/hamburg tecknik/et al) plastic replica might be fine as it doesn't have to do much.

Yes referring to the plastic stock one.​ I'll have to put this Tuner one on the scale tomorrow. Low center of gravity or not it seems like a hunk of weight to add.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
      Low center of gravity or not it seems like a hunk of weight to add.
      For whatever an F1 engineer's opinion on race cars is worth in this context...

As our engineering insights series returns, we are joined by Mike Law, a greatly experienced vehicle dynamicist working at the highest levels of motorsport,....

Can't remember if it was in this video or another one in the series, but Mike Law seems to think reducing total mass is the first priority, followed by keeping CoG low. So, sounds like he'd agree with you. 😎

Also worth noting that the belly pan we seem to be talking about (stock = plastic) overhangs the front axle, which is another great place to reduce mass.
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I have been trying to call Karbonious to no avail, everytime I call it sounds as if I am getting the sorry wrong number or number dialed incorrectly deal but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell.

I have been calling this number and the recording is the same business hours or not.

I do not speak Spanish unfortunately and do not have a lot of knowledge in regards to calling international numbers.
        Any help would be appreciated as I need to get them on the phone and hopefully find someone that speaks English.

I have been using this number per the website.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          I have been trying to call Karbonious to no avail, everytime I call it sounds as if I am getting the sorry wrong number or number dialed incorrectly deal but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell.

I have been calling this number and the recording is the same business hours or not.

I do not speak Spanish unfortunately and do not have a lot of knowledge in regards to calling international numbers.
          Any help would be appreciated as I need to get them on the phone and hopefully find someone that speaks English.

Message them on FB or Insta

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

They speak English and typically answer closer to their opening hours. Are you calling from a blocked number?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

They speak English and typically answer closer to their opening hours. Are you calling from a blocked number?
              I am not calling from a blocked number, I will try again in the AM tomorrow.

Instagram

Comment

+34 981 935 259

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                  +34 981 935 259
                  The 011 gets added automatically when I dial for some reason.

I was trying to petition them to pay for shipping both ways, after a 3rd email received this AM I found out that's not going to happen.

I guess I'll send it out, they say they will fix the gap I have between airbox/filter in the bottom back corner AND make the perimeter lip behind the filter taller, should take about a week once received.

With the language barrier in email I just wasn't sure what all they could or would do, wasn't very clear, if all they would do is this one gap and I'm paying ~$300 to ship I'll just do it myself, the lip is different.

Also losing $35 for the rubber boot clamps as I don't want it sent with the boots, that may impede their work or they may get mangled, is what it is, just gotta go for it and get it done so I can drive the car!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240128_174156.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	251612 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240128_174224.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	251613

Instagram

Comment

I called from my cell phone and I dialed it like that… they picked up on first my first.

But I speak “español”. What I could not solve in two months of emails, it was done in a 5 minute call and I ended up with new box.

i think for 300 you could just buy a new one and sell yours as is and end up in a better place. A lot of people would not care about your concern and buy it from you.

Comment

Did both my belts and the main idler/tensioner pulleys about 10 years ago. To date, no problems other than I noticed my AC belt was cracking, so ordered new belts and this time, tensioners and pulleys figuring I'll just do it all. I'm at 85,000 miles on original tensioners and curious how many miles others get out of the original tensioners--parts weren't terribly expensive so I'm Ok to change them all. I just find myself in this replace-it-before-breaks mode and some of this stuff is hard to judge as I'm thinking time is becoming a considerable factor--if not more than--mileage. I've got a new alternator, fuel pump, starter on the shelf--wondering if I should just install those at some point. A failure on some of this stuff is a breakdown, but then if parts still have some life, I'd like to maximize that. What do you guys think?

Comment

Anyone have the Evo X / SR-11 Recaro seats in their M? Found a good deal on a set and considering grabbing them but would like to make sure I know my mounting options first.
                        2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
                          Anyone have the Evo X / SR-11 Recaro seats in their M? Found a good deal on a set and considering grabbing them but would like to make sure I know my mounting options first.
                          You will need to cut some brackets off the bottom of the seat brackets so there is a flat mounting surface. Then you can mount them to any universal floor mount.

Comment

You will need to cut some brackets off the bottom of the seat brackets so there is a flat mounting surface. Then you can mount them to any universal floor mount.
                            Appreciate the info, I'm prepared for that from my research. Any recs on mounts? I'm a rookie when it comes to race seats, I've seen BK w/ OE Sliders as a popular choice but if I'm correct, I think I'd be using the Recaro sliders from the seats. Still unsure what to mount those to, and I'm very open to opinions.

Haven't seen much info on them, but anyone have thoughts on the Garagstic mounts?

E36/E46 Racing Seat Floor Mount Adapters – Garagistic
                            2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

If you are tall, a matrix style floor mount like garagistic, bimmerworld, vac, etc would be my suggestion.

If you are shorter, I would recommend an elevated floor mount like from planted: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/co...05-driver-left

Comment

If you are tall, a matrix style floor mount like garagistic, bimmerworld, vac, etc would be my suggestion.

If you are shorter, I would recommend an elevated floor mount like from planted: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/co...05-driver-left
                                Good insight, thank you for the link as well.
                                2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Working...
                                X