• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220513_172245.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	167739After six months of prep I finally got the car to the track. Doing the Windy City BMW event at Autobahn CC
    I must say I'm blown away by the MCS 3 way suspension and the amount of grip it helps to provide. Direction changes are a breeze even with A052, I can only dream what transitions will be like with a set RE-71RS and their stiffer sidewalls. The only downside is doing the event with the stock seat. At 6'3" my head took some abuse today, I will install my seat before the next event

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Name:	IMG_20220513_172245.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	167739After six months of prep I finally got the car to the track. Doing the Windy City BMW event at Autobahn CC
      I must say I'm blown away by the MCS 3 way suspension and the amount of grip it helps to provide. Direction changes are a breeze even with A052, I can only dream what transitions will be like with a set RE-71RS and their stiffer sidewalls. The only downside is doing the event with the stock seat. At 6'3" my head took some abuse today, I will install my seat before the next event
      What seat will you be installing? Is it red to match the rest of your interior?
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Arm rest delete and moved to black

Name:	20220513_222218-COLLAGE~2.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	167748
        2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
        ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

What seat will you be installing? Is it red to match the rest of your interior?
          Sparco pilot, it is black. I'm unaware if sparco makes it in red

Comment

Name:	20220515_102929.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	167900

had a fender bender at the track last year and scratched up my volks....originally mercury silver (or formula silver, i forget). figured since they were already damaged, might as well change them up. had them repaired and powdercoated bronze....put them on this morning and took it out for a spin.
            '06 Carbon Black
            Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Brake fluid change. Now that I have a nice Milwaukee impact for the wheels (and the power bleeder of course but that’s not new) I think half the time was spent raising and lowering the car. Could be a 20 minute job with a Quickjack …..

edit: also installed Brey Krause sub strap and clip in harness mount points … so plenty of grinding and hammering parts that don’t fit like every BK part install. Missing one of the lock nuts too 🙄
              Last edited by repoman89; 05-15-2022, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I was saved by Hassan @ HTE Perf. I inadvertently un-synchronized my keys with EWS when I was trying to reset my Vanos adaptations and after 2 hours of wrestling unsuccessfully with INPA to resync my EWS, I reached out to Hassan who recently tuned my engine and he deleted EWS so I can drive my car while I ty to get this sorted. Phew!

Big thanks to Hassan!!
                '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Plugs and coils. NGK and Eldor. My old coils were 17 years old. Plugs were worn. Air fuel mixture-tan. No carbon build up or oil residue on the old plugs. I used the same dual ground NGK plugs. Not the quad ground!
                  The plugs are Set of 6 For BMW E36 E46 M3 Z3 Z4 Spark Plugs NGK Laser Platinum DCPR8EKP.
                  Eldor coils R3516S00100

My car was actually running pretty good. No misses. Pretty good idle...not perfect. I was losing some power in the real lower RPM range. Nothing dramatic.

I was just changing them out mostly for general maintenance. Its pretty affordable if you shop around. These DCPR8EKP are the most expensive OEM replacement plugs for our car. But in the end, affordable. Worth the price.
                  I have had the car since 2009. I don't ever recall it running so smoothly. I got far more positive results than I thought possible.
                  Old plugs were POORLY torqued. Maybe 10- 12 ft-lbs. I set them all carefully at factory spec 22 ft-lbs.
                  WRENCH every day.

Comment

Got her a new airbag and a real correct key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	0DD973F4-B3CB-4116-89FD-DCB5D2A8A723.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	168470 Posted on my build journal-
                      Discovered an oil leak coming from the timing chain tensioner. Ordered a new one along with washer. Fixed a leak and also a small ticking noise the engine had when cold. The ticket had recently started and thought it needed another valve adjustment. According to different websites says this is a common symptom of a bad tensioner. Took about 10min to replace.
                      Last edited by COVID-19; 05-19-2022, 06:30 AM.
                      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Got my BW rear adjustable control arms installed, car aligned -- and corner balanced for the first time! 3260 pounds with a full tank and no driver. Still 100 pounds heavier than a real CSL in the same configuration (see post #12 here: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...weight.219201/). Pretty crazy.

Comment

Rewrapped the windshield washer hose and heated washer nozzle wires with Tesa tape high temp. I love this stuff. The black electrical tape and the old felt tape on the plastic cable guide were far past their prime. This is nearly the last bit in the engine bay on the to do list after installing the motor.

Name:	IMG_20220522_192354-01.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	169645

Name:	IMG_20220522_192345-01.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	169644
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Mocked up SS Race muffler and SS resonated section 2. Still need to work on section 1 and headers. Undercarriage needs a refresh, that's in the works also.

Name:	IMG_0995.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	169696 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	169697
                            2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

almost ready for pickup

Comment

That's kinda cool and unique.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X