What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    I thought E36 was foam too, but I don't know if people were assuming it's a different (weaker) compound or what. From memory, it is a yellow-ish color where the E46 is more red, or at least the old/worn out ones I see are reddish color.
    Looks like rubber to me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	open-uri20150226-17658-1j05zq7.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	196281

Also, the new E46 M3 diff covers seem to have the yellowish bushing:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 9.15.30 AM.png
Views:	689
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	196280

But looks like the bushings on older covers are red: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcOohpFKZZE Maybe they just get like that with age/heat?
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

That's what I'm thinking, same with the bumpstops. I've seen them go from gold to black to red I think..

That E36 bushing does look like rubber. Maybe that's why they're "weaker?" The foam is so thin on the E46 bushings, yet it dampens quite well for such a stout driveline. The rubber might start out ok, but might fatigue sooner? It's just vibrations and heat though, no twisting (like rear shock/rtab).

Probably a non-starter for those of us that do 500-2k miles per year.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
        I can't believe how many people pay ~$220 more to replace the entire diff cover over e36 bushings when 99% of people wouldn't be able to notice the difference.
        I am probably one of those people...

(as I immediately think about the brand new diff cover in a box in my garage)

Comment

Clean her up. Pics for BaT tomorrow.

Name:	B2F66979-1876-4EA2-8BA1-0D37E48463A4.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	196604
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

I've been running them for at least 5 yrs now...can't really feel any difference over stock.
            Is it a direct replacement? Just press out old and press in new E36 bushings? Any machining necessary to fit them? I bought a pair but haven't tried fitting them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post

Is it a direct replacement? Just press out old and press in new E36 bushings? Any machining necessary to fit them? I bought a pair but haven't tried fitting them yet.
              Yessir!

Comment

Cleaning up a set of rusty/gritty manual seat rails from a sedan.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20221221_163054.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.4 KB ID:	197696 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221221_163808.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	197697
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Finally fixed the clock adjustment knob in the gauge cluster. I bought the 3d printed piece from ebay many months ago and finally got around to it.

Nice to have an accurate clock again.

Link to the part I used, works as advertised: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174414757236
                  Last edited by Will; 12-29-2022, 05:29 PM. Reason: add the link to the part I used in case people need it.

Comment

Bought SS twin tube Sec 2

Comment

Just arrived from Turner.

Will install in the new year when I am back at home. Away for the holidays.

Name:	Turner CSL BOX 1 (small).jpg
Views:	415
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	197919

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by NE///M3SIS; 12-29-2022, 12:49 AM.
                      Vac Motorsports e46 M3 ~ BEL
                      YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

Put ambers on for the winter a while back. Doesn't look like it but the car is filthy.

Name:	52596913959_f76652f2a0_b.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	198334
                        2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                        Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                        Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Replaced my charcoal canister, VANOS filter, and fixed a broken clip inside the passenger door that keeps the window regulator cable in place (I was getting a terrible rattle with the window up over bumps). At 82k I guess the VANOS filter "looked" ok, but the smaller O-ring looked and felt like the leaking CPV O-ring I pulled out over the summer. Good to get them changed out.

Name:	IMG_7865.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	198460

Name:	IMG_7863.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	198459

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

But looks like the bushings on older covers are red: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcOohpFKZZE Maybe they just get like that with age/heat?
                            My original bushings were shot at 81k miles on a car that has never seen the track and is not driven hard...here are some photos where you can see mine were red at the time I had the cover replaced (BTW I still have the old cover if anyone is interested.) The bushings in the new cover that was installed are grayish color.

Name:	IMG_7694.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	198462

Name:	IMG_7695.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	198463

Attached Files

Comment

Got some photos from 12/17/22 track day at COTA - had a blast though I only did the (poor man’s) option of just 2 sessions in the morning. First track day with the Nogaro seat in, what a difference from stock. Also first time with my new helmet (Arai) which I find very comfortable. Running fresh PS4Ss in 245/40/18

Comment

PS: Weird thing during track day, I pulled the dipstick as normal and noticed the lower plastic bit had cracked somewhat … I don’t consider myself particularly rough on my dipstick (lol) but anyhow I pulled off the plastic so it wouldn’t fall in the oil pan, and snipped the rod so I could still cap the tube. Curious if anyone else has seen this … naturally the replacement is on its way from FCP

Comment

Working...
                                X