No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leak tested my Karb box and need to be sealed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	238087

So I took it off, always a nice sight the S54 is.

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	238088

Comment

Name:	IMG20231015111837.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	238140
      Pulled the wheels off and cleaned all the rubber off after 3 days at The Glen and 2 days at NJMP Thunderbolt

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
        Production date of box?
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Production date of box?
          Mine is one of the first batch, Oct 2022

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Name:	Leak.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	238087

So I took it off, always a nice sight the S54 is.

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	238088
            How did you seal it? Thx

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyonthehighway View Post

after a couple months, what are your thoughts? i’ve found heel-toeing (when not in sport) to be very awkward. i had my technique dialed in on the previous car.

I wear a size 11.5 shoe and have a hell of a time hell-toe'ing in this car. I can do it, but I have to think about it, which makes me slow.
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

I wear a size 11.5 shoe and have a hell of a time hell-toe'ing in this car. I can do it, but I have to think about it, which makes me slow.
                I wear a size 13 shoe and struggled with heel toe as well! Mostly because my brake pedal moved too much below the throttle. I added some spacers to raise the brake pedal up and it helped. I never really got it to the point where I was totally comfortable with it.

Comment

Size 11 here. I wear DC skate shoes when driving. The smaller footprint (literally) and increased feedback from the softer, thinner sole helps a ton with heel toe.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I wear a size 13 shoe and struggled with heel toe as well! Mostly because my brake pedal moved too much below the throttle. I added some spacers to raise the brake pedal up and it helped. I never really got it to the point where I was totally comfortable with it.
                    You should install AKG Motorsport brake and clutch pedals bushings. No more side play in pedals after. Feels way better!

For heel & toe, E46 M3 is super easy to blip but don’t try to actually do it with your heel and toe. Try to brake with the ball of your right foot and blip the accelerator pedal with the side of the foot. See video here:

I've had a bunch of requests for this video, So here is my take on it.. in one take... Hope I answered some questions for you. My biggest tip for you? Pra...
                    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Start wearing foot shaped shoes and toe spacers you'll be able to do it easier in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

You should install AKG Motorsport brake and clutch pedals bushings. No more side play in pedals after. Feels way better!

For heel & toe, E46 M3 is super easy to blip but don't try to actually do it with your heel and toe. Try to brake with the ball of your right foot and blip the accelerator pedal with the side of the foot. See video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AR1LaW_edY
                        Yup had those bushings installed and using the same technique. Side to side play wasn't really an issue but those bushings did feel great.

Issue was under hard braking the brake pedal went too far down below the throttle that you risked hitting the throttle while braking. Technique totally fine on the street but failed on track. My ankle must not bend as much as most people.

I'm SMG now so no more issues. But I would highly recommend others who are struggling with heel toe to see how far the brake pedal travels and try to correct it as much as possible. At full braking you want the brake pedal slightly higher than the throttle. Some of the spec E46 guys have similar issue and end up removing the brake pedal and brazing/bending it so that the pedal sits higher.

Comment

Went to a car wash (one of those laser / no touch ones). Realized that with the Karbonius trunk lid, the trunk gets wet / damp.

Wonder if it is the alignment or lack of seals / gaskets, etc.
                          2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                          Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                          SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                          ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                          Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
                            Went to a car wash (one of those laser / no touch ones). Realized that with the Karbonius trunk lid, the trunk gets wet / damp.

Wonder if it is the alignment or lack of seals / gaskets, etc.
                            Car washes are sort of unfair. Very high pressure water at all sorts of angles. More than you will ever see in an actual storm.

Had similar issue with a different cf trunk. Got some generic weather seal strips from amazon. Also had to adjust the trunk stops to the lowest setting where it would still unlatch when unlocked. Make sure where the seal seals there is no dirt or debris. Garden hose is an easy test to see if it works.

Comment

Installed a Euro bumper, replaced some of the missing foam pieces on top of the reinforcement bar using an old broken RC airplane wing, I would say it fits a bit better than the factory bumper.

Name:	20231021_210805.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	239005 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211134.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	239006 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211223.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	239007 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211202.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	239008 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211143.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	239009
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

I need a lift make my life easier
                                Last edited by Cronenberged; 10-22-2023, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X