No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a drive with some forum members. Weather was a perfectly cool, autumn day. One of those days when you bounce between windows up and down. Perfect.

We will do this again, Southeast members.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231021_113744.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	239051

Name:	IMG_20231021_115042.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	239050

Name:	IMG_20231021_130939.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	239053

Name:	IMG_20231021_115100.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	239054
    Attached Files
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
      Went for a drive with some forum members. Weather was a perfectly cool, autumn day. One of those days when you bounce between windows up and down. Perfect.

We will do this again, Southeast members.
      Will definitely have to join you guys once the car is sorted!
      /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

I'm 8hrs away but wouldn't mind taking a few days to travel and hang with members

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

Will definitely have to join you guys once the car is sorted!
          Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
          I'm 8hrs away but wouldn't mind taking a few days to travel and hang with members
          Awesome! We'll for sure do this again.

Comment

I know 8 hours is a haul for a drive. But these roads are totally worth it. The views we had the other day are some of the best I've ever had in this area. And I've lived here since '10. Tight twisty roads, beautiful scenery (especially with the leaves turning), brisk air, over 3000' of elevation change almost instantaneously, great food, great people, great sounds, great smells. It all kinda makes for a rather remarkable day.

There is enough great road in this area to make a quick two-day trip with a stop at night up in the mountains somewhere. That would be a great trip.

Casa de Mesa Thank you for the amazing routes. As always, you know where to dig for the gold.

Comment

Mmmmm clean VANOS Click image for larger version

Name:	123_1.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	239232

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
                I know 8 hours is a haul for a drive. But these roads are totally worth it. The views we had the other day are some of the best I've ever had in this area. And I've lived here since '10. Tight twisty roads, beautiful scenery (especially with the leaves turning), brisk air, over 3000' of elevation change almost instantaneously, great food, great people, great sounds, great smells. It all kinda makes for a rather remarkable day.

There is enough great road in this area to make a quick two-day trip with a stop at night up in the mountains somewhere. That would be a great trip.

Casa de Mesa Thank you for the amazing routes. As always, you know where to dig for the gold.
                Shhhh...... quit talking about how good are roads are. People still think it sucks here, let them.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Bet that was a killer drive. I went to school in Boone. it's hard to beat the vibes of driving windows down during fall on the east coast.
                  2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

Yeah buddy, you bet! It's fun picking routes. The last leg into and out of Sparta sucked a tad with the traffic. I highlighted that as a road to avoid in the future.

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Shhhh...... quit talking about how good are roads are. People still think it sucks here, let them.
                    Fair point. You aren't that far from us, I should have tagged you and just biffed on that. Will include you in the future. We will do a multi-day one so it will be worthwhile for those driving from a distance, and those more local can join for a segment or a day. This was very quickly put together...

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
                    Bet that was a killer drive. I went to school in Boone. it's hard to beat the vibes of driving windows down during fall on the east coast.
                    221, 421 and 321 are pretty good roads. The stuff near Watauga Lake is killer. Have several friends that went to school in Boone and the roads up there are *quite* good.

Depending on where you are in CO, you're not doing too bad for yourself on roads!

Comment

Started reassembling the interior and test fitted the carbon fiber side panels.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working out a deal on a manual 2006 M3 ZCP so my vert can have a sibling. Prices are coming back to my liking so I think there is a strong chance.
                        Last edited by oceansize; 11-01-2023, 03:38 PM.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working out a deal on a manual 2004 M3 ZCP so my vert can have a sibling. Prices are coming back to my liking so I think there is a strong chance.
                          ZCP was only offered 2005 and 2006 FYI

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

ZCP was only offered 2005 and 2006 FYI
                            '
                            Typo, I meant 2006, it is a true ZCP. If everything goes well I will post up some pics. Its clean.
                            Last edited by oceansize; 11-01-2023, 03:06 PM.

Comment

'
                              Typo, I meant 2006, it is a true ZCP. If everything goes well I will post up some pics. Its clean.
                              Congrats and whatever you do please don't put zcp on your plate broski.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Safety wired my racecapture dash and Garmin catalyst. Since I have airbags removed I just bolted it to the passenger airbag studs.

Comment

Working...
                                X