No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner Intake, Megan Racing Headers, Epic Motorsports tune pending some technical glitches with the cable.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
      I tried the Rockford Fosgate 6x9's as replacements for the stock subs and didn't like them. It sounded like the bass output dropped significantly, almost as if I didn't have any bass. I put the stock ones back in and it's much better again.

Prior to removing the speakers, I unmounted the sub unit (plastic bin with the speakers still mounted) to double checked their function. Yes, the cones were moving, but I think the stock amp just doesn't have enough power to push these speakers. Excursion seemed minimal. Perhaps my amp is faulty, or the speakers themselves were faulty. I know there's a thread on these speakers and some had positive experiences that sounded like increased bass output, and I was excited to try as well. But unfortunately that wasn't mine experience.
      Keep us posted if you end up replacing the amp. I really want to upgrade the factory sub setup but keep the HK basket. I was considering just upgrading the 6x9s like you tried, and wondering if there is a way to replace the small amp with an aftermarket one using the same wiring (with larger power and ground) or if you have to use a line converter and RCA cables etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240107095827.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	248221 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240107134028.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	248222
        After installing the starvation kit I started fitting the alcantara to hide the body and give the rear a more finished look as the rear seat backs have been deleted for the fall line Motorsports rollbar. It's slowly coming together

Comment

Quick engine bay picture I snapped today of the Karb CSL race intake I've just installed.

Name:	IMG_9283.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	248233

I'm running a modified CSL program on my stock MSS54HP. I'm using a 1 bar Bosch MAP sensor (matches the original scaling factor ) that I plumbed into the brake booster hose under the cabin filter tray.
          The only thing I have left is to install is the CSL specific dipstick/tube once those items makes it stateside; for now I have the bung in the oil pan blocked off and the digital oil level indicator enabled in the cluster.
          2005 M3 Coupe / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bavsound / BlueBus / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / ZCP Brakes / Yellow Tag Steering Rack / Karbonius CSL Race Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / Modified Bilstein B6s / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSL Wheels / 265 & 235 Pirelli PZ4s / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

Comment

Test fitted v1 of 3D printed brackets to hold the amplifier. With the Xtrons head unit I don't need the 6CD changer and Bluetooth module, and also don't need the big mounting rig that goes with it. I could spend $75 buying the BMW item but according to RealOEM it weighs half a kg, these brackets will weight a fraction of that and hold the amp in the original location and orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
            Build Thread:
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
              Test fitted v1 of 3D printed brackets to hold the amplifier. With the Xtrons head unit I don't need the 6CD changer and Bluetooth module, and also don't need the big mounting rig that goes with it. I could spend $75 buying the BMW item but according to RealOEM it weighs half a kg, these brackets will weight a fraction of that and hold the amp in the original location and orientation.

Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post
                Turner Intake, Megan Racing Headers, Epic Motorsports tune pending some technical glitches with the cable.
                How'd the headers bolt up? Fitment issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramps View Post

Keep us posted if you end up replacing the amp. I really want to upgrade the factory sub setup but keep the HK basket. I was considering just upgrading the 6x9s like you tried, and wondering if there is a way to replace the small amp with an aftermarket one using the same wiring (with larger power and ground) or if you have to use a line converter and RCA cables etc.
                  I won't be replacing the amp. There's a couple threads that discuss the amp in HK cars and, if I recall correctly, there's no plug and play solution like there is for the non-HK audio cars. Perhaps you can refer back to the Rockford Fosgate thread, and the other stereo / amp threads, some members were discussing other potential speaker replacement options for the 6x9 subs in the basket. If you try one of those, please update us with your experience with them. Thanks.
                  Last edited by Will; 01-08-2024, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

How'd the headers bolt up? Fitment issues?
                    The headers bolted up perfectly. For example, they easily slid on the studs; no pressure was required to push the headers in position against the head, nor were there any sounds or vibrations from the flanges that you would hear if they were scraping on the threads.

At Section 1 of the exhaust, the connections were better aligned than original headers. The welded flange aligned properly.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

The headers bolted up perfectly. For example, they easily slid on the studs; no pressure was required to push the headers in position against the head, nor were there any sounds or vibrations from the flanges that you would hear if they were scraping on the threads.

At Section 1 of the exhaust, the connections were better aligned than original headers. The welded flange aligned properly.
                      Same experience, Megan's for the win!!

Comment

Dropped it off to Dennis @ SVBimmer to have my topside reinforcement done, and a few other odds and ends.

Name:	IMG_20240108_103453.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	248476

Name:	IMG_20240108_103513.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	248477
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                          Dropped it off to Dennis @ SVBimmer to have my topside reinforcement done, and a few other odds and ends.
                          One of my favorite M3's, everything about it. Don't ever get rid of these wheels. (If you do, you know who to sell them too, I'm on standby for you)

Comment

Bi-LED projector retrofit!

Name:	IMG_9433.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	248710

Name:	IMG_9206.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	248711
                            IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                            A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                            Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                            Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                            Touring S62 6MT
                            Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

ID:	248711
                              What kit is this? Not from lightwerkz correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post