What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Perfect. I had an exhaust shop just rig a little hanger up and it popped right on. And let me tell you, it's a lot easier to fit a 14 lb section 3 than a 50+ lb one. 😉
    that's why they only use one hanger on the left side compared to 2 on steel units. It's so light.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

that's why they only use one hanger on the left side compared to 2 on steel units. It's so light.
      Very true. Just wanted to say thanks for the info on FB that you gave me about Shipnerd. Made getting the exhaust shipped over to me much cheaper. 👍🔥
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Very true. Just wanted to say thanks for the info on FB that you gave me about Shipnerd. Made getting the exhaust shipped over to me much cheaper. 👍🔥
        Fantastic. Glad to have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by A144 View Post
          Car has about 113k miles, and I believe these are the original bearings.
          Interesting to see the shorter and deeper wear on #6 compared to #4 with longer wear pattern. I believe #4 bearing is a better match for the journal (tighter clearance) which distributes the load over a longer arc, while a wider clearance tends to concentrate the load at narrower arc on the bearing.
          Last edited by sapote; 01-28-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I had these AN fittings installed when I had my diff built. So when I decided I wanted to add a diff cooler / temp sensor, I would be ready for the install. However one of the AN fittings had began to develop a small leak.

That custom ramped Drexler LSD 😎

Also got around to installing a CSF oil cooler. Much bigger than stock

Last edited by MD_M3; 01-28-2021, 07:58 PM.
            sigfinal22
            IG: @marcdavid038

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

Interesting to see the shorter and deeper wear on #6 compared to #4 with longer wear pattern. I believe #4 bearing is a better match for the journal (tighter clearance) which distributes the load over a longer arc, while a wider clearance tends to concentrate the load at narrower arc on the bearing.
              Interesting idea, I hadn't thought about it like that before. I used ACL bearings, so we'll see how they look in another 100k!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2006 M3 6MT Interlagos Blue

Comment

Ordered a Bluebus.

Comment

Swapped injectors and fuel pump to convert the M3 to E85. Very worth it. 👍
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MD_M3 View Post
                    Harness out

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    race car build?

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

race car build?
                      Yes. I'll be running in NASA ST4 this year
                      sigfinal22
                      IG: @marcdavid038

Comment

Swapped injectors and fuel pump to convert the M3 to E85. Very worth it. 👍
                        Just curious, who did the scaling/tuning after the swap?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Just curious, who did the scaling/tuning after the swap?
                          Hassan @ HTE Performance. I'm just running a basemap right now, haven't even started dialing it in yet. Fuel pump relay just died so replacing that and installing wideband.

Comment

Hassan @ HTE Performance. I'm just running a basemap right now, haven't even started dialing it in yet. Fuel pump relay just died so replacing that and installing wideband.
                            Don't suppose there's a chance you're running a CSL airbox? I've been wanting to do this for my car, but have been waiting to see if it's worth the ~$1500

Comment

Cleaning loctite from female threads...for the 3rd time.
                              1st try= Lang bolts and loctite 242 factory torque spec
                              2nd try= Lang bolts and loctite 243 factory torque

3rd attempt will be: Lang bolts with loctite 243 (maybe 263 red) and a higher torque spec., 12ft lb instead of 9ft lb.

I am sure it would have been just fine on my first attempt.

.22 cal gun cleaning brushes work well.

I am so nervous that I have to cheat (bias the crank slightly CCW of TDC1) the timing for the bridge to sit flush on the head I am scared to start the car so part of this is me just stretching out the time it's going to take before the first turn of the key.

Instead of "bulletproofing" my vanos which worked just fine and already had the updated cam bolts (didn't know until disassembly) I feel like I am going to ruin my engine somehow, fingers crossed.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_215957.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	83078
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post

Don't suppose there's a chance you're running a CSL airbox? I've been wanting to do this for my car, but have been waiting to see if it's worth the ~$1500
                                I'm running an Eventuri intake.

Fuel pump = $105ish genuine
                                Injectors = $180
                                Tune = $350

I feel about 10-15 whp more on the butt dyno throughout the powerband. Once fine tuned I'm guessing it'll make 20-25 whp in various spots throughout the powerband over 91 tune. I'll dyno mine at EAS sometime to compare against everyone else in SoCal.

Comment

Working...
                                X