What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petener View Post

Where did you purchased the fabrics from?
    jo-ann’s fabrics. I didn’t take a picture of the exact fabric number Unfortunately. I cut off a sample of the existing fabric and took it into the store and matched it up to several that were very similar in Thickness and material and color and went with it. With shears, spray adhesive glue and a yard of fabric i spent $30.

Comment

I replaced the PITA final stage resistor unit. It’s easily my least favorite DIY on this chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
        I replaced the PITA final stage resistor unit. It’s easily my least favorite DIY on this chassis.
        I need to do that too. I've had a new resistor lying on my bench for months and haven't gotten around to installing it because I know it'll be a pain lol.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I’ve replaced four of those now on three E46 and one E39 and never found it to be particularly painful ... small hands maybe? Didn’t think so but maybe lol. Nothing on the E46 really stands out to me as being too terrible.

E39 M5 on the other hand ... that engine bay is way cramped. Even getting the drivers side valve cover back on is an exercise in frustration and fury. And the god forsaken power steering line back to the servotronic box requires three long extensions connected by universal joints to tighten the banjo bolt and is nearly impossible to get it started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post

Just brought mine in today for airbag recall services after postponing it for a super long time as I had a fear as well of them damaging something..... They did the passenger side perfectly, but on the driver airbag side, the lower steering wheel trim I noticed had 2 scratches. They were easy to notice since my piece was brand new!

I went back inside to speak to the advisor and showed him the before photos I took before handing them the keys. The advisor immediately said they will order me in a brand new trim and apologized a ton. Pretty annoying as I was expecting something to happen hence why I kept putting it off for so long to bring it in, I mostly just wanted the fresh new airbag, ha. I'm just glad they didn't give me no hassle or argue with me on the replacement.

I recommend everyone to take a ton of pictures of the steering wheel, dashboard, door cards, seats, trim, even a high quality video to get all the angles. It helped me a bunch showing the advisor the photos I just took an hour before.
            Good advice on taking the pictures. As long as they handle it well like they did then it’s an easy fix.

Comment

Past week, took some pics, put some headers sec1 and sec 2 and swore a lot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06596.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	99276 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06585.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	99277 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06622.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	99278

Best part of the install, was not securing that last fuking nut on cylinder 5 on the bottom, no it wasnt that, it was cleaning... felt so therapeutic.

Name:	IMG_20210411_115743.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	99284 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_125215.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	99283 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210412_193252.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	99285
              Attached Files
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

A tab broke off on my job

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                  Past week, took some pics, put some headers sec1 and sec 2 and swore a lot.

Name:	DSC06596.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	99276 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06585.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	99277 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06622.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	99278

Best part of the install, was not securing that last fuking nut on cylinder 5 on the bottom, no it wasnt that, it was cleaning... felt so therapeutic.

Name:	IMG_20210411_115743.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	99284 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_125215.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	99283 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210412_193252.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	99285
                  Nice, those SSv1's were definitely harder to install than the Euro headers as you don't have nearly as much room, I used the n54 studs which made things more tricky yet.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

People with coilovers might enjoy this mod.

Easy to do. Took 20 minutes for both sides

2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                    Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                    Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                    Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                    Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                    Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                      People with coilovers might enjoy this mod.

Easy to do. Took 20 minutes for both sides

That’s great and I need those for sure, would you happen to have a link please.

Comment

Bronze ARC-8's back on for the street.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Loosely fitted my rear 996 Brembos while I wait for my new rotors, and installed the rear part of my Ohlins R&T kit at the same time. I used the Rogue RSMs and control arm reinforcement plates, plus stock top spring pads. Replacing KW V2s which for some god forsaken reason have the adjusters at the top ... such a pain to loosen the spring enough to get it out without spring compressors.

Comment

Test fit my OEM rears in the front to see if they would fit. I know people have done it, but I'm getting a fair bit of liner rub in turns. I'm running about 2.5 degrees of camber in the front, so I'm not sure why I'm getting rub if others aren't.

Comment

New cup holder

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
                              Build///Journal
                              IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Wrapped the door. A bit of wrinkling on the front half while attempting it solo. Turned out my 7 yr old daughter helped a lot and we discovered a method to lay it on nicely w lots of stretching and some heat. Door handle is a 10-footer. Respect for those who do this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X