Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this module behind the drivers side c-pillar? My assumption is related to the radio antennae and rear glass defroster? My car doesnt have radio and my defroster has never worked, am i ok to unplug and remove this?
    Attached Files
    2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
    Instagram
    Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
      Whats this module behind the drivers side c-pillar? My assumption is related to the radio antennae and rear glass defroster? My car doesnt have radio and my defroster has never worked, am i ok to unplug and remove this?
      You're correct - Amplified Radio Antenna Module.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 03 BMW M3 Amplified Radio Antenna Module E46 3 Series OEM 6906075-03 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Why the fuck are these header gaskets $39 each now? Can elring be used here?

Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          Why the fuck are these header gaskets $39 each now? Can elring be used here?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-11627830667-2
          Wow! I was hoping for your sake it was just a pricing error (I just purchased Genuine for $10.99/ea about 6 weeks ago) but unfortunately ECS has them inflated too at $29.95/ea.

FWIW, when I was researching SS header install, all sources I found said to go with Genuine gaskets granted "cheaping out" on Elring was the difference between $10, not $200.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Wow! I was hoping for your sake it was just a pricing error (I just purchased Genuine for $10.99/ea about 6 weeks ago) but unfortunately ECS has them inflated too at $29.95/ea.

FWIW, when I was researching SS header install, all sources I found said to go with Genuine gaskets granted "cheaping out" on Elring was the difference between $10, not $200.
            Yeah..I’ve always used OE gaskets. Fml
            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

FCP must've known everyone was going to buying them after the SS group buy went down so they raised prices lol

Comment

Well I need to hit this thread again lol...

For front skid plate removal, is this to be done ONLY with the front end supported and NOT weight on wheels? Or is it acceptable to remove the plate with weight on front wheels? The correct method will impact how I get this thing up in the air for header install. I've read that one should only do this without weight on wheels; as far as needing alignment afterwards, I'm unable to find definitive answer. Bentley manual does not say anything either way other than don't drive without it.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

I bought mine from FCP for that same price a few weeks back. But to be fair, all other retailers were $30+ at the time. I did score my Bosch O2 sensors from AutoZone with free drop ship from Bosch and 20% off over $100--hands down the best price I found.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

For front skid plate removal, is this to be done ONLY with the front end supported and NOT weight on wheels? Or is it acceptable to remove the plate with weight on front wheels? The correct method will impact how I get this thing up in the air for header install. I've read that one should only do this without weight on wheels; as far as needing alignment afterwards, I'm unable to find definitive answer. Bentley manual does not say anything either way other than don't drive without it.

Thanks!
                    It doesn't matter. Everything that plate bolts up to is solidly mounted to the chassis of the car. Can remove and reinstall with the wheels on, wheels off, car in the air, car on the ground, etc. No need for alignment either.

More details/discussion: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...on-jack-stands
                    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-24-2022, 02:46 PM.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Is my AC low on refrigerant? I'll fire up my car and no cold air blows out the vents. However, once I start driving, it'll get cold.
                      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

I'd say it's low if you notice that the far left vent is colder than the far right.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Thanks!
                          Off the ground like the car would be at a shop or bmw dealer.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
                            Is my AC low on refrigerant? I'll fire up my car and no cold air blows out the vents. However, once I start driving, it'll get cold.
                            Is you AC fan working (the electric pusher in front of the rad and condenser)? Sounds like the condenser is not getting airflow (until you start moving) and thus not cooling the hot refrigerant.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              I'd say it's low if you notice that the far left vent is colder than the far right.
                              I'll have to check that out.

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Is you AC fan working (the electric pusher in front of the rad and condenser)? Sounds like the condenser is not getting airflow (until you start moving) and thus not cooling the hot refrigerant.
                              I'm positive it is working as I can hear it from inside the car lol. It also happens in the morning when the car is "cold".
                              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Ah, well low refrigerant is likely then. What tbone suggested is a quick way to check.

Comment

Working...
                                X