Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you want is a scraper, but that is filled with all kinds potholes with respect to how well the localized version of the site is going to run. Far too many to get into. I'm sure there are many types of freeware scrapers (there used to be).

I looked at realoem's robots.txt and they have a line which effectively says to crawlers don't crawl any URL containing a question mark, which is just about every URL in realoem, which means they are attempting to discourage scrapers.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Noticed some intermittent "rattling" from the front of the car during deceleration. This is intermittent and I just recently noticed, 3rd gear, coast to a stop, right around 2800 RPM or so, get a slight rattle noise. Is this some driveline chatter I'm just now noticing, or something else going on here? Car runs great otherwise. At first I thought maybe a fan clutch, but that may not be it. Car sounds fine at idle, and as I said, otherwise runs great. 83.5k, original clutch, stock engine save for SSV1/HTE; I did get some additional NVH from the SSV1 system, so thought maybe something is vibrating against something; who knows anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
        Noticed some intermittent "rattling" from the front of the car during deceleration. This is intermittent and I just recently noticed, 3rd gear, coast to a stop, right around 2800 RPM or so, get a slight rattle noise. Is this some driveline chatter I'm just now noticing, or something else going on here? Car runs great otherwise. At first I thought maybe a fan clutch, but that may not be it. Car sounds fine at idle, and as I said, otherwise runs great. 83.5k, original clutch, stock engine save for SSV1/HTE; I did get some additional NVH from the SSV1 system, so thought maybe something is vibrating against something; who knows anymore!
        If the last modification was the V1s, the V1 section 1 is known to rattle since the larger pipes are so close to each other. Bry5on's wagon journal has a V1 bracket solution which fixes the rattle issue.

Comment

Are ZCP rotors significantly better/worth the price to upgrade over original rotors? My old ones are warped and I'm looking to start tracking my car this year and have been wondering if it's a good time to make the switch.
          2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

If the last modification was the V1s, the V1 section 1 is known to rattle since the larger pipes are so close to each other. Bry5on's wagon journal has a V1 bracket solution which fixes the rattle issue.
            It was, and I am aware of Bry5on's post on the bracket solution; thanks for reminding me I will revisit that!

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
              Are ZCP rotors significantly better/worth the price to upgrade over original rotors? My old ones are warped and I'm looking to start tracking my car this year and have been wondering if it's a good time to make the switch.
              No, plenty of novice to intermediate HPDE goers run stock non-ZCP brakes with proper pads and fluid. Brake discs typically get pad deposits which can cause a vibration (feels like the rotor is warped). If the current rotors are not at their minimum thickness, a set of track pads can clean up deposits left by street pads.

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
                I actually like the stock blanks better than the ZCP rotors for track use. The ZCP swiss cheese design is bound to crack sooner or later and they're way worse at moving air through them for cooling. I'm only on ZCP rotors now because of the 996 calipers and FCP.

Stock rotors got me through 10+ track days and they still seemed alright. Probably not another 10 track days left in them, but still fine.

Also worth considering that ZCP rotors are a pound or so heavier up front and a pound or so lighter in the rear.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

What would be a good safe product and/or method to use to polish a Karbonious airbox?
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                    What would be a good safe product and/or method to use to polish a Karbonious airbox?
                    It is standard clearcoat. Any polish, Meguires M205 for instance, will work.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      The ZCP swiss cheese design is bound to crack sooner or later
                      Have you seen them crack before they need replacement due to wear?

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      they're way worse at moving air through them for cooling.
                      Interesting. How so?
                      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                        Have you seen them crack before they need replacement due to wear?
                        First track day with them on is next Monday, so not yet. But they're drilled...

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                        Interesting. How so?
                        It's due to the hat design. The way it's cast makes it extend into the air inlet of the rotor vents, blocking a lot of airflow:

Click image for larger version  Name:	open-uri20150527-20723-20i3eg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	233481

This is what my brake duct outlet looks like now. Pretty apparent that a lot of the airflow is blocked by the hat:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_152624.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.2 KB ID:	233482

The rears are even worse (but not as susceptible to overheating):

Click image for larger version  Name:	open-uri20150527-20723-1xwfez9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	233483
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

^ Interesting. Thanks, heinzboehmer.
                          2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                          Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                          Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            Should the sunroof glass perimeter seal be able to be installed as once piece or is it sometime required to cut it to fit?

My original seal came off as one piece but the new seal I had to cut, it was too large so I cut ~1/2" at the seam for it to fit. I'm sure it will seal fine but I would prefer it to be one continuous piece if possible.
                            Did you ever figure out what's going on here? I want to replace mine as well, but this is a strange situation. P/N I see is 54138218001

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Did you ever figure out what's going on here? I want to replace mine as well, but this is a strange situation. P/N I see is 54138218001

That should be the correct P/N as that is what realoem lists as well as FCP.

I am happy with the looks of the seal I installed (and had to cut), but I kind of wish before I cut it I would have sent it back to see if another seal would have been able to work without cutting.

I didn't send it back because I didn't want to have to do the job twice or have my glass sitting put until I had the replacement, granted it takes ablut 5min to remove. I may grab another seal but I'm thinking it would likely just have the same issue.

Other vehicle's sunroof seals are a cut to fit deal so whatever I guess. As long as the place where I cut it doesn't open up it will look good and should seal the water out.
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Bought a CSL airbox and I'm missing the hardware screws to attach the base the intake. Looking to buy black screws. Is this the correct part number and hardware size?

07119905016- M5X12

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 8.57.45 PM.png
Views:	375
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	233635
                                '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X