This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Thank you, yea I am going to drive them back in, heat them up, and hope they are not rusted haha. I suppose anything is possible but the car is *mostly* rust free. I think the studs were used to hold the plates in place while the epoxy dried. So I feel like the epoxy is what is making my life difficult, and thus, hoping some heat will help.
    Definitely something is off there. Heat should help, and if you can somehow get some PB in there.

The double nut method wouldn't work on mine, but an adjustable wrench took it right off. FWIW, vincebar gussets include new studs, washers, and tap.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

What are you building?

Might try Peter Partee with Partee Racing.

My buddy has an S85 block that needs a bit of machining and we are having a hard time finding anyone, Partee and Troy Jeeup are really the only two I have heard of.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Had to finally drive in the rain couple weeks ago in the M3 and realized my passenger side wiper mount is toast. Which of these wipers is the correct/better one; couldn't find anything besides broken links and blade refills:

Comment

Originally posted by dHam_Slow.46M View Post
          Had to finally drive in the rain couple weeks ago in the M3 and realized my passenger side wiper mount is toast. Which of these wipers is the correct/better one; couldn't find anything besides broken links and blade refills:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-61610037009
          The top one is the style the car came with and the other is the more modern style.

Personally prefer the refills as it is less cost and waste, but a little more work.

Comment

Life/Family/Work has gotten in the way so I haven't got to work on her GPS/SMG issue (https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...t-inpa-version).

I am able to get INPA to switch the SMG to "N" and the last time I started her was 9 months ago during my troubleshooting efforts. Can I start her up this weekend without having to prep anything? So many hearsays out on the interweb that "you gotta pull the plugs and drop some oil, etc, etc.". She's sat on jacks for 9 months and I haven't open anything.
            17 iO1 i3
            16 F22 M235i
            08 E93 M3
            04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Originally posted by Da Jemster View Post
              Life/Family/Work has gotten in the way so I haven't got to work on her GPS/SMG issue (https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...t-inpa-version).

I am able to get INPA to switch the SMG to "N" and the last time I started her was 9 months ago during my troubleshooting efforts. Can I start her up this weekend without having to prep anything? So many hearsays out on the interweb that "you gotta pull the plugs and drop some oil, etc, etc.". She's sat on jacks for 9 months and I haven't open anything.
              Itll be fine, fire away.
              '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post

Definitely something is off there. Heat should help, and if you can somehow get some PB in there.

The double nut method wouldn't work on mine, but an adjustable wrench took it right off. FWIW, vincebar gussets include new studs, washers, and tap.
                I got a blowtorch so I'm going to take a swing at it tomorrow. I thought about doing the Vince cups but went with a 6-point rear brace instead because I'm tracking the car, the mounts on the front points are basically the same as the Vince cups.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Itll be fine, fire away.
                  Thx George!
                  17 iO1 i3
                  16 F22 M235i
                  08 E93 M3
                  04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

I'm getting ready to do belts/tensioners and a few other things. Need to rotate the water pump pulley such that I can get the holding tool on a pair of bolts (the pattern is asymmetric). Belts and everything is currently assembled. Is it necessary to turn the crank pulley here? Last time I did this, the tool just fit so I didn't have to rotate anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                      I'm getting ready to do belts/tensioners and a few other things. Need to rotate the water pump pulley such that I can get the holding tool on a pair of bolts (the pattern is asymmetric). Belts and everything is currently assembled. Is it necessary to turn the crank pulley here? Last time I did this, the tool just fit so I didn't have to rotate anything.
                      Put a 10mm on one of the water pump pulley bolts and you should be able to make it slip on the belt pretty easily.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                        Put the 32mm fan wrench on the nut and you can turn it backwards easily.
                        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Comment

When you change shocks / struts it recommended to torque the bolts to spec under load. My question is how do you do that when your working on stands in your garage?

Comment

Jack it up. And to be clear, you're not loading the bolt or anything, just the rubber bushing, so this only applies to joints with rubber.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Bent_Remy View Post
                              When you change shocks / struts it recommended to torque the bolts to spec under load. My question is how do you do that when your working on stands in your garage?
                              Bolt them up but leave the bolt 1/2 turn loose or so. Lower the car onto the ground, drive forward and back 5' or so and then crawl under and torque.

Comment

Why can't I PM? Is there a minimum number of posts one must do first?

Comment

Working...
                                X