This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZapRousdower View Post
    Why can't I PM? Is there a minimum number of posts one must do first?
    10 posts and 30 days apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
      Not E46-related but related to the layout of the forum. Why is there no subforum for the E30 M3 generation? Noticed it for a while just never got around to asking.
      I noticed it, too. But I imagine it'd be a low traffic / low-post subforum since most of the e30m3 people end up posting on s14.net and s14power.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

I noticed it, too. But I imagine it'd be a low traffic / low-post subforum since most of the e30m3 people end up posting on s14.net and s14power.com.
        Figured this as well. I assume Ian or one of the other mods would know the exact rationale. Obioban

Comment

We could do it. Had ~0 posts in the old forum e30 section.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            We could do it. Has ~0 posts in the old forum e30 section.
            Do it, IMO
            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
            Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
            Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
              We could do it. Had ~0 posts in the old forum e30 section.
              Lol. Brutal.

Need to figure out how to attract E30 owners to the forum.

Comment

⬆️ S14.net is well established. I don't think many of those folks will be migrating here.

Anyone know the stack height of a stock e46 m3 clutch and flywheel? Is it the same as a E36?

Comment

high beam/DRL bulbs: replace with OE, Sylvania/Phillips improved halogens, yellow (might be illegal in CA?), or LED?
                  "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                  ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Where can I purchase a clutch alignment tool?

I can't seem to find one that will work with the self-adjusting clutch. I see some for sale but they are all of the traditional style that would run into the removable plate on the pressure plate.

Edit: Found this, but it lists the non-M's as well in the fitment information so just want to be sure.

Last edited by Cubieman; 01-20-2024, 03:01 PM.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

I have one you can borrow if you pay for shipping.

Comment

Does anyone know the stock underpanel/belly pan weight? Also what's everyone's experience with the stock ones do they crack easily?

My car came with a turner which is off the car right now, was pretty surprised by its weight. Thinking to throw a OE one on.

Comment

It’s plastic and super light.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I think bavarian is talking about the aluminum belly pan. Its not heavy, per se, but it is quite strong. The PO of my car took it on (what I presume to be) an off road adventure that significantly dented the aluminum pan, it did not crack and I was able to hammer the dent out without any ill effects. Its quite rugged.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
                              I think bavarian is talking about the aluminum belly pan. Its not heavy, per se, but it is quite strong. The PO of my car took it on (what I presume to be) an off road adventure that significantly dented the aluminum pan, it did not crack and I was able to hammer the dent out without any ill effects. Its quite rugged.
                              The turner one is aluminum, but I think he's actually referring to the plastic belly pan since that's what the turner piece replaces.

I've dealt with the turner one, not a good part imo - super heavy.

Stock is best here. Or even a cheap (Uro/hamburg tecknik/et al) plastic replica might be fine as it doesn't have to do much.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I just purchased an 03 HPF M3.I cleaned the ICV and throttle bodies and after I was done car started and ran and I shut it off. Next day I came out to the garage and there was a giant pool of oil underneath the car. Any ideas on what caused this?

Comment

Working...
                                X