What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
    edit: forgot to add, long Motorsport Hardware wheels studs. Awesome that they have these at FCP, new set once or twice a year. Boom. Also loving the hex key installation, just sayin, way less of a pain in the ass than the two nut method.

Those ZE's are going to look fantastic on the IR and totally agree with the hex, I'll take that little bit of corrosion in there over the double nut method

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I agree. I know the wheel choice is a little out of the ordinary, but I'm a big JDM person underneath it all.

And yea, Motorsport Hardware makes a high quality hardened stud, so it should be no better or worse than any other stud, why not make it easier to instal?
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post

Going to feel like a completely different car when you go for the first canyon rip. Red on white looks amazing!
      Thank you! Might be a while before a proper rip is in store. I discovered some rust on the floor, and a stripped out bolt provision in one of the RTAB pockets. So I have to basically limp the car about 1/4 mile down the street to the new house (moving in a week). Then once we are settled in, I'll need to get it into a shop to get the two issues fixed. I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those months long repairs.
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Got the rear end and a lot of the suspension in yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	254868

'01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Picked up new O2 sensor. Finally fixing it running lean and misfiring.

Comment

Name:	IMG20240224094317.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	254888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224101839.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	254889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224102030.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	254890
            Finally got the Fall Line Motorsports bar back from iND and put it in the car!

Comment

Name:	IMG20240224102510.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	254892 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224102519.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	254893 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224102539.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	254894

To say the sparco pilot barely fits would be an understatement! This is with it as low as it will go on the Mounts, obviously no slider, and with the euro headliner without the bump. Tall guys have it rough, still don't wish I was shorter though 🤣

Comment

Wernd if you wanna trade cars mine has an extra few inches not running a headliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Name:	IMG20240224094317.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	254888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224101839.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	254889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20240224102030.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	254890
                  Finally got the Fall Line Motorsports bar back from iND and put it in the car!
                  Does it mount bolted to the floor or to the seatbelt mounting points?
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Does it mount bolted to the floor or to the seatbelt mounting points?
                    Three holes drilled into the car each side. It's an exact fit so some of the seam sealer BMW has at the joints needs to be razor bladed and removed. For instance where the b Pilar meets the floor or the back seat panel meets the floor. At least mine did for the bar to sit all the way down on the floor.

Comment

Rear brakes are all in, driveshaft back in, dangerously close to being drivable 😳

Name:	IMG_0989.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	255060

Things that are left are basically heat shields, put the exhaust back on, bleed the brakes, and then do the final torque on everything at the right load. Then I just need to throw a seat in it and creep over to the new house lol. Luckily it’s literally 2 minutes down the road.

Guys, just a word to the wise, don’t fucking decide to move right when you’re in the middle of a big project. 🤣🥹😵‍💫
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Standalone ECU arrived. Came together with a plug and play wiring harness adapter. I will also upgrade O2 sensors to the newer Bosch LSU 4.9 and a K Type EGT sensor. Since my engine is heavily modified I decided to go this route as I can switch on the fly between maps and I can get a race traction control programmed in for wet track conditions. Should also allow for a bit more power to be squeezed out vs a tune stock ECU.
                        I'll try to sum it up once I am done and have results.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

about 1 week away from purchasing another M3 E46 after selling an Alpine/Cinnamon E46 M3

it was SMG though. new car will be a 6 SPMT.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                            Where/how are you planning to mount all of this?
                            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Where/how are you planning to mount all of this?
                              The EMU is smaller than the MSS54, so it will simply go in it's stead. The lambda to can and the vanos addition are small and fit besides.
                              So it all fits perfectly in.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                                The EMU is smaller than the MSS54, so it will simply go in it's stead. The lambda to can and the vanos addition are small and fit besides. So it all fits perfectly in.
                                I'd be curious to see it installed, looks like it'll be interesting to package.
                                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X