This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

It kind of just clips back on from what I remember. If you only did one side, it could help by removing the other side and seeing how it’s clipped on there.
    Thanks I must be overthinking something. When I clip in the white housing the latch doesn't seem to be grabbing the cable upon pulling the door handle.

Comment

Ok figured it out. The cable needs to be seated inside the two little gaps then they'll act as rails.

Mine(as pictured) came unseated on removal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7046.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	256437
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
        After 10 years and just 20k miles, I'm starting to think I want to pull my Bilstein B4s out and do something else--something that rides "better" on the street but still offers better handling performance; I don't do track days in this car. For shocks running with stock springs and hardware, what are some opinions based on current offerings? Last I paid attention years ago, the B6's affected ride height, the rear spring pad thicknesses were in play, and if I recall, maybe BMW had a spring change somewhere in 2003 resulting in some cars having a different ride height. CSL springs were in play at some point, Dinan springs were available. If there is a thread, or threads here I've missed, apologies in advance.
        You'll be hard pressed to decisively improve both ride and handling over stock without a really sophisticated damper à la Öhlins DFV. Koni Special Active has a similar mechanism, though I get the impression it's not as good for more dynamic driving.

Maybe consider Koni Yellows?
        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

After 10 years and just 20k miles, I'm starting to think I want to pull my Bilstein B4s out and do something else--something that rides "better" on the street but still offers better handling performance; I don't do track days in this car. For shocks running with stock springs and hardware, what are some opinions based on current offerings? Last I paid attention years ago, the B6's affected ride height, the rear spring pad thicknesses were in play, and if I recall, maybe BMW had a spring change somewhere in 2003 resulting in some cars having a different ride height. CSL springs were in play at some point, Dinan springs were available. If there is a thread, or threads here I've missed, apologies in advance.
          I have the Koni/Eibach setup with the settings on one click from soft. I have OEM bushing with the exception of the trailing arms which are Powerflex polyurethane and have 19" wheels. I very much enjoy this setup for DD. There is also a thread about this if you haven't seen it already. https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...aily-driven-m3

Comment

My vote is bilstein b6 with gc street plates to recapture travel. Springs - stock, eibach or dinan.

Koni yellows never felt great to me, always disappointed. H&R and tein springs are trash.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I kept things stock and went with Koni Yellows. I love the compliant ride and still feels good in spirited driving. I also refreshed all the stock pieces at the same time (FCA, FCAB, rear ball joints, RTAB, etc).

I never track and do use my car to run errands or commutes so I didn't want a lowered / stiffer ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
                You guys think it's weird to add a grab handle for the driver side? I always liked having it in the G35 years ago...I never knew why they had it on both sides...
                i did it on an old e46. it's nice when you just wanna change the position up on long drives.

Comment

Originally posted by L0okitzRaj View Post

i did it on an old e46. it's nice when you just wanna change the position up on long drives.
                  These grab handles are kind of hard to find in black!
                  /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Need to check a (BMW) VIN, mostly for service history and ownership--what's the best outlet to do so nowadays?

Comment

Outside of Carfax, Autocheck and/or knowing someone at a dealer, has there been an alternative approach to this? Asking from a point of curiosity because those are the only ways I've ever known.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

I will be doing a pilot bearing on my E63 M6 soon, this is the same bearing as on the M3, I have never pulled or installed a pilot bearing and need a bit of advice.

I have seen different ways of removing the bearing, different tools, puller type, slide hammer type, stuffing bread intot the hole and pounding a punch in way.

As far as installation is concerned is OK to maybe find a suitable socket or better yet seal driver that fits the outer bearing race and tap it in?

Any thoughts, experiences or tool recommendations would be appreciated!

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Can I get brakesperts opinion please? On the right side when braking I get a little squeak, I brake long, soft, and slow not hard it's just a daily driver. To me there's enough pad and rotor but I'm not sure if I need to replace them or not. Pic for reference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240317_233411520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	257957

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            I will be doing a pilot bearing on my E63 M6 soon, this is the same bearing as on the M3, I have never pulled or installed a pilot bearing and need a bit of advice.
                            Pilot bearing puller like this one:

Socket that contacts the OUTER race and hammer until it stops (I use a chrome 1/2" drive 23mm Matco socket).
                            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Karbonius CSL airbox question. My car has the version with plastic trumpets installed. I also have a new Race airbox with carbon trumpets. Any reason to use one over the other?
                              2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                              Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                              Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
                                Karbonius CSL airbox question. My car has the version with plastic trumpets installed. I also have a new Race airbox with carbon trumpets. Any reason to use one over the other?
                                Nope, other than the Race will be a newer and a few grams lighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X