This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    To be super pedantic, the CSL doesn't have that stud at all. Instead, it has a bracket for the reservoir spot welded to the strut tower: https://youtu.be/R3UjysWV3PA?t=839

Not entirely sure what the stud is for, but it's there on all E46s (I think and except for CSLs). Not used on the M3s
    Oh really? That really doesn't make sense then. It works for smg cars converting to CSL though I think.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Oh really? That really doesn't make sense then. It works for smg cars converting to CSL though I think.
      The stud that's already there is a bit too far into the engine bay. Reservoir interferes with the intake if it's used as a mounting spot.

You can use it to mount the reservoir but need to make a little bracket: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...tting-too-high
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
        Ambient air temperature sensor on the passenger side? Idk if RHD cars or non US stuff has the sensor there instead. My car had an extra passenger side connector when I had the bumper off.

The OEM fender liners have a cut out for the sensor on both sides iirc.
        Thanks. I will check it out along with the washer bottle.

Looks like we are neighbors.

D-O
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Further investigation confirms no other connections on the washer bottle and no air temp sensor. I had another good look at the connector with a flashlight and it is so dirty on the inside that there is no way it could have been connected to anything. Looks like Casa was correct, the harness was manufactured to support vehicles both with and without the high pressure pump.

D-O
          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Hey Group,

Purchasing new OEM exhaust hangers and wondering if this part is necessary. Pretty pricey 😳 Mine appear to be the original ones and 120k miles later they are pretty rusty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BFEEE4F-CA9D-40EB-AC4C-D3D24F3A7F1F.png
Views:	283
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	196118

Part # 10 in the realoem diagram:

Name:	05F0AE8D-F1E6-4A7B-82B1-FD84153DFC18.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	196119
            '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Does anyone know what type of fastener (and part number?) goes here? Located just to the left of the ECU (viewed from the front of the car).

It holds the divider panel between ECU and engine bay areas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screw.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	196134
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                Does anyone know what type of fastener (and part number?) goes here? Located just to the left of the ECU (viewed from the front of the car). It holds the divider panel between ECU and engine bay areas. Click image for larger version Name:	screw.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	196134
                Here you go:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/51718204904/

Part #16:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3276
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                  Hey Group,

Purchasing new OEM exhaust hangers and wondering if this part is necessary. Pretty pricey 😳 Mine appear to be the original ones and 120k miles later they are pretty rusty.

Name:	7BFEEE4F-CA9D-40EB-AC4C-D3D24F3A7F1F.png
Views:	283
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	196118

Part # 10 in the realoem diagram:

Name:	05F0AE8D-F1E6-4A7B-82B1-FD84153DFC18.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	196119
                  You don't need new ones unless yours are so rusted they're falling apart or you just want new ones.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Heres a legitimate dumb question, has anyone here ever won anything on ECS's "spin to win"?
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Not me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                        Heres a legitimate dumb question, has anyone here ever won anything on ECS's "spin to win"?
                        Thank you. I think the same freaking thing every time they come out with this whole spin the wheel horse crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You don't need new ones unless yours are so rusted they're falling apart or you just want new ones.
                          Thank you 🤝 Rusty, but not falling apart. Appreciate it
                          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Thank you 🤝 Rusty, but not falling apart. Appreciate it
                            Throw them in some evaporust and then paint them, good to go
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

One of the worm clamps that connects the ITB to the rubber coupler has failed on cylinder 4. Is it possible to snake in a new worm clamp without removing the whole intake manifold? Can I simply loosen the other 5 worm clamps and pull the intake mani back to fit the new clamp?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
                                One of the worm clamps that connects the ITB to the rubber coupler has failed on cylinder 4. Is it possible to snake in a new worm clamp without removing the whole intake manifold? Can I simply loosen the other 5 worm clamps and pull the intake mani back to fit the new clamp?
                                Most worm style clamps can simply be "unwound" all the way without issue, just be careful not to bend the clamp up too much and you'll be fine.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X